The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Typical American. A simple assumption that they are living in the best place in the world without a thought for the benefits of what is probably a much more idyllic country because of its more precious and healthier nature

But whatever " 'MURICA".

Original post by Pleasantri
Maybe because of the better and wealthier lifestyle.
Reply 81
At least they don't shoot up a school about it.

These are anecdotal stories used by the Left to spread fake news.

British people die because of your waiting lists.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
So many aspects of Britain are superior to the UK, including our healthcare system; education system; welfare system; travel network; TV, particularly our comedy; culture and multi-culturalism; our police don't need to be able to shoot people to do their jobs; and you guys even think your food is better just because you have access to a ridiculous amount of "take outs" and burger bars, when in reality the British menu is one of immense variety and culture.

I think your pic says it all about how secure you are in yourself/nationality.
I don't think anyone here is jealous of the USA unless they're from the third world.

This is coming from a Canadian.
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

You're proud until you suddenly need healthcare and have to go absolutely broke to get treated. Or, of course, if you're already broke and can't afford to get treated then, sorry mate, but you're ****ed.

Our NHS is the best healthcare in the world and it's free.

That alone is a good enough reason why British people are not jealous of Americans but the list of reasons is very long.
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

No :woo:
Original post by Chaz254
You're proud until you suddenly need healthcare and have to go absolutely broke to get treated. Or, of course, if you're already broke and can't afford to get treated then, sorry mate, but you're ****ed.

That alone is a good enough reason why British people are not jealous of Americans but the list of reasons is very long.

ROFL
Until the USA catches up with western Europe and actually implements some proper socialized health and welfare system I'm always going to prefer to live in one of latter countries.
Original post by Chaz254
Our NHS is the best healthcare in the world

Original post by Chaz254

Many Americans didn't want Obamacare because we were scared of our healthcare going British.
when i was a kid i always wanted to live there but now i can see it’s all a lie lmao

guns, bush.. trump (who’s worse?), healthcare, the list could go on.

the worst thing i’ve witnessed in the uk is boris johnson taking people, and kids, out while playing football (not soccer, js) and rugby
Original post by Matticus C
The ONLY thing i'm jealous of in the USA is that you have so many CHIPOTLE OUTLETS. We have 3 here in the UK, and they are all within a 3 mile radius of each other in London.

It sucks ahaha

On a Uni trip we drove past a Taco Bell :woo:
I think your pic says it all about how secure you are in yourself/nationality.

Is OP just jealous of Woody?

I'm a proud Woody and my arms are generally bigger, my pecs are larger and more comfortable to live in; it feels like the general standard of genetics in Woody far surpasses that of the OP.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
***** come back to us when your healthcare is free and obesity rate is lower
Clearly that $40,000 a year of student debt isn’t helping him become more aware of
Theresa May > Donald Trump
anyday
Americans must have bigger everything! Bigger houses, bigger cars, bigger egos, and let’s just scan over how much they’re into fast food and call a majority of them ‘big’.
I honestly feel sorry for whoever decided to make a statement declaring americans better than british
ROFL

Look it up then tell me what it feels like to be an ignorant dumbass.
Original post by Sabertooth

Look it up and then keep laughing at that fact.

lol hell no! Those are only superficial things you listed, as long as we have a roof over our heads it's fine.

USA has Trump, you have to pay for anything medical related and university, in addition to university a lot more racial related injustices, legalises guns which has caused so much school shootings killing innocent children before their time and killings in general. USA have a huge problem with dealing with acceptance in my opinion.

The UK is so much more diverse and accepting of different cultures, I feel a lot of Americans, black, Asian etc. Find it hard to accept their backgrounds over there because of how people portray them in the media over there. I know a lot of black people over there who won't accept that they have African heritage, I'm black and I really don't see what's wrong with it.
Yes I'm jealous that you have to pay for healthcare and have shootings every day.

Qualities of USA (that we are supposed to be jealous of? ROFL):

- **** healthcare
- Lots of fat people
- Lots of shootings
- Lots of racial tension
- Lots of broken and rundown cities such as Detroit, Baltimore
- Congress is corrupt as ****: they listen to the corporations paying them over the people they are supposed to represent
- Natural disasters in some areas
- High poverty rate
- *****y education
- Ridiculous student debt
- Stupid accents

The list can go on
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending