The Student Room Group

Any point of me continuing uni?

So recently I was told off by my uni for doing something, it dont matter too much what but i was called in for a meeting they told me I shouldnt of done it. No disciplinary action was taken but they said a summary of the meeting would be placed on the universities student portal. Im concerned this has gone on my records because this portal contains records of exam results, attendance which makes me think has this incident gone on my university record and if so will this effect my reference that the uni give to employers? If this is the case honestly I dont want to work hard in a degree where ill have less chance of getting a job because of a bad reference.

The incident itself really wasn't serious but I feel like they took it serious
Anyway what is your opinion of the situation, could a bad ref ruin my future?
yes you may as well quit now
Reply 2
Original post by evil emprior
yes you may as well quit now

Is this a serious reply because honestly this situation is making me physically sick
Original post by danny787
Is this a serious reply because honestly this situation is making me physically sick

yes this is a serious answer
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
Don't quit, I doubt they would add previous minor incidents to references

We don't have enough information to offer an informed reply.

I would very much doubt this written warning would be a reason to leave uni but it depends what you did.

Don’t listen to him. Just make sure your university understands how apologetic you are and make sure you don’t do anything stupid again. It probably won’t be going on your permanent record tbh.
No keep striving, eventually the Uni will become detached from your employment progression. Unless the act is threatening, they wouldn't want to hinder their employability rate, however most people won't get the placement and will have to seek employment through searching or connections, I find it a bit silly that you're considering quitting over a menial mention.

Spoiler

So recently I was told off by my uni for doing something, it dont matter too much what but i was called in for a meeting they told me I shouldnt of done it. No disciplinary action was taken but they said a summary of the meeting would be placed on the universities student portal. Im concerned this has gone on my records because this portal contains records of exam results, attendance which makes me think has this incident gone on my university record and if so will this effect my reference that the uni give to employers? If this is the case honestly I dont want to work hard in a degree where ill have less chance of getting a job because of a bad reference.

i really really dont think you should quit uni, you got so far there is no point of quitting now, in my opinion, you should just try your best to make it up, if that makes sense and lay low, also try to volunteer as much as possible, it would look amazing on your resume and whoever is going to employ u will focus on that more
also always remember you are not the only person who got in trouble in uni and everything will be okay
Reply 10

It depends. If it's something you keep doing then it would be in your reference. If it's a one off and you don't do it again it doesn't necessarily need mentioning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending