The Student Room Group

School deadline is 15th December... Im on my first draft :/ (HELP)

I am stressing out so much because I dont even know what to write on my personal statement (only ~2000 characters atm) and I NEED to do it by next week but I just can't. I want to cry so much because I need to apply this year and get into uni but I need to do my application and I dont know how to. I need help but school isnt helping me either and my family isnt much support too :frown:
Reply 1
BuMP
Reply 2
BUMP
Original post by gigi77774
I am stressing out so much because I dont even know what to write on my personal statement (only ~2000 characters atm) and I NEED to do it by next week but I just can't. I want to cry so much because I need to apply this year and get into uni but I need to do my application and I dont know how to. I need help but school isnt helping me either and my family isnt much support too :frown:

get of tsr and do it

What are you applying for?

Look through what you have so far and check you've written the reason why you want to study the subject, what triggered your interest/passion for it (book/article/trip?), wider reading you've done that's stimulated your passion, work experience/voluntary work, extra-curriculars/clubs and the skills you've gained from them etc. If you find anything missing/lacking, then start writing in bullet points, jot down anything and everything you think of, and once you've done that start going through these notes, putting it into full sentences, editing and polishing.

Are you sure there's no one at school to help you? Not even one teacher that you could sit down with or go through it with? After you've written as much as you can, find a teacher you trust, or go to your referee and get them to help you polish it up with you as much as possible.

Also, remember to breathe, you have enough time, save yourself wasting time stressing by just getting things down on paper.

You've got 2000 characters already, you're half way there, don't give up! And remember unis also take into account your predicted grades and reference, your whole future isn't dependent on your personal statement, make it the best you can and take a breather!

Good luck!
be rational and calm down, think about what you had achieve( academical or non-academical), tell them what you like, beliefs and would want to be. tell them why you are worth their time and why you should be accepted into that uni. avoid being too strict with the info that you limit yourself and don't be too loose that you go out of the topic, its your personal statement and to be honest have something to believe in and show them that. be sincere with yourself as it would really show to the admins there that if you had written it by yourself or just copied it. you can search some statements on the net, but try to keep it as genuine and sincere as possible
Reply 6
Original post by Ray_Shadows
get of tsr and do it

Original post by studentials
What are you applying for?

Look through what you have so far and check you've written the reason why you want to study the subject, what triggered your interest/passion for it (book/article/trip?), wider reading you've done that's stimulated your passion, work experience/voluntary work, extra-curriculars/clubs and the skills you've gained from them etc. If you find anything missing/lacking, then start writing in bullet points, jot down anything and everything you think of, and once you've done that start going through these notes, putting it into full sentences, editing and polishing.

Are you sure there's no one at school to help you? Not even one teacher that you could sit down with or go through it with? After you've written as much as you can, find a teacher you trust, or go to your referee and get them to help you polish it up with you as much as possible.

Also, remember to breathe, you have enough time, save yourself wasting time stressing by just getting things down on paper.

You've got 2000 characters already, you're half way there, don't give up! And remember unis also take into account your predicted grades and reference, your whole future isn't dependent on your personal statement, make it the best you can and take a breather!

Good luck!

I will start in 30 minutes :wink:
I will start in 30 minutes :wink:

your funeral
You’ve had nearly 5 months to do it, I don’t hold any sympathy man. Get off the internet, stick to above advice and just get it done
Reply 9
Original post by BrianMcEgg
You’ve had nearly 5 months to do it, I don’t hold any sympathy man. Get off the internet, stick to above advice and just get it done

I didnt have 5 months, I have changed my course and options
Reply 10
What course are you applying for. Theres a lot of personal statements out there that you can look at to give you an idea, but obviously dont copy. One of the best things to do is probably not write it in your room. Make yourself go out and write it somewhere that you dont usually stay in. Your much more likely to get it done then. I hope this helps, and good luck :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
It's only 2000 characters, it's not that much to write. If I were you I'd write down everything you want to mention, and then open a word document and go on a proper RANT.... don't worry about how much you write. Then look at what you've written and cut it down and edit it into a 2000 character personal statement. make sure to leave blanks where you don't have enough info (e.g. name of someone well known you went to talk to / where you want to describe in more detail a projec you did).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending