The Student Room Group

Family friend wants fwb (Advice please)

Okay, long story short a family friend wants to have a friends with benefits with me. I've known her literally my entire life and I went to the same nursery and primary , sixthform. Now we are going to the same University and I'm staying at a different accommodation building to hers. So the other day, me and her were just chilling at her room and we were watching these random youtube prank videos for ages. Then we randomly ended up going to a vid where this guy asks girls for sex, and she clicked on that vid. Halfway through, she asked me would you be down to do it with me and laughed? I was kind of surprised and literally didn't know how to react. I know most of you guys would be like "i wouldn't think twice" and what ever, but she is a family friend and I've never thought anything sexual of her. She is pretty good looking, I have to admit, but I'm afraid it will ruin our entire friendship and just make it so awkward for us during normal family meetings.

because i've heard that most friends with benefits don't always end up well... especially with people you know well.

Advice please?
What you are asking here is basically : "I've got a winning lottery ticket - should I claim my prize, or throw it in the bin in case the money changes my life for the worse?"
I'd say no.

Having a 'casual' relationship with someone is just not the most healthy thing to do for you as you're chemically and physically bonding with someone you're not serious about.

> It could jeopardise your existing relationship with her.
> You could catch feelings and she might not back, or vice versa.
> If one of you wants to stop the physical side it might be awkward/one isn't willing to go back to the normal friendship.
Reply 3
I probably would have friend zoned her a long time before that if i had known her that long and nothing had happened so would likely feel weird at the prospect of doing anything with her.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending