The Student Room Group

Help! I'm 15 and I think I'm pregnant

Ok so I'm 15 and last weekend I went to a party with my mates and ending up pissed out of my face. Long story cut short: I ended up in the girls toilets getting shagged by some lad. I don't know how I got in their but **** me i must have been DRUNK.. anyway just now i realised I'm 4 days late for my period. We didn't use protection so this is my worst fear coming true. I can't get a pregnancy test since I'm scared shitless of my mum and dad finding out and I wouldn't dare go into a shop to go get one. I need help on how to deal with the family and this whole situation if I am pregnant...
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I'm 15 and last weekend I went to a party with my mates and ending up pissed out of my face. Long story cut short: I ended up in the girls toilets getting shagged by some lad. I don't know how I got in their but **** me i must have been DRUNK.. anyway just now i realised I'm 4 days late for my period. We didn't use protection so this is my worst fear coming true. I can't get a pregnancy test since I'm scared shitless of my mum and dad finding out and I wouldn't dare go into a shop to go get one. I need help on how to deal with the family and this whole situation if I am pregnant...

Calm down,4 days late could mean anything. Face your fears and go get the test, it'll reassure you. Ask a friend to come with you if you want.
Reply 2
Assuming your menstrual cycle is a normal length and fairly regular, if your period was due four days ago and the party was last weekend, it's highly unlikely that you were ovulating at the time, and so there's really only a slim chance that you're pregnant. If you want to take a test for peace of mind, though, could you not buy one from a supermarket (or even somewhere like Poundland) and use the self service checkout so no one would see it?
I am not sure a pregnancy test would work at this time. Might need at least two weeks, but am not sure. Family planning clinic might be a good place to go? And I suppose it's too late for the morning after pill.
Being anxious and stressed (about this) can actually make your period late, plus it's normal at your age to not be regular anyway. Wait a few more days, but if it's more than a week late get it checked out. Best to find out as soon as possible so you can think about what to do.
Go on the NHS website and search around and find the nearest sexual health clinic to you. I know you may find it awkward and scary going but the staff there have seen much, much worse and they really just want to help you. The clinic can also screen you later on for pregnancy if you are afraid of going to the shop and getting one, and can also refer you to an abortion clinic or pregnancy advisory if God forbid you are pregnant. However, I really just recommend getting a test from the local pharmacists soon (it will only be accurate in a few weeks however) - trust me your parents won't find out and the person behind the counter will not care in the slightest. If you're really concerned, you could get a friend to get it for you.

For the time being, try to calm down. I know how all-consuming and terrifying it can be to be young and worried about pregnancy. Trust me I know - when I was 15 I had unprotected sex and had to get the morning after pill. It was so so scary for me but I felt so much better after visiting the clinic. With stuff like this, you need to take action. Go to the clinic, go to your GP, talk to someone because it will not just go away and if you do choose to opt for an abortion, it is easier, quicker, less traumatic and safer when it's under 8 weeks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
What happens when you try become a stereotypical teenager. You lead yourself to this so its up to you getting out of it. Go to a GP and visit the NHS website. Theres not much else i can say to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending