The Student Room Group

22 Female and I've never.....

-been in a relationship
-never had sex

Take your pick, I don't know what it is with me but guys can never seem to be interested in me, even enough to be my boyfriend. 22 going on 23 very soon, I know this has probably been here a trillion times, I need advice because I'm tired of posting, embarrassingly enough every year I'm about to turn the next age :s-smilie:

I'm kind of hopeless, just want something to change, what am I doing wrong?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
-been in a relationship
-never had sex

Take your pick, I don't know what it is with me but guys can never seem to be interested in me, even enough to be my boyfriend. 22 going on 23 very soon, I know this has probably been here a trillion times, I need advice because I'm tired of posting, embarrassingly enough every year I'm about to turn the next age :s-smilie:

It's a lot easier for a girl to get a relationship than it is for a guy tbh - rejection is much less common.
-been in a relationship
-never had sex

I think you should just go out to clubs or join a sports society or something to meet new people.
In the end, it will work out as people sometimes find relationships when they aren't even looking for one.
My friend is 23, and he's never been in a relationship either, so it's nothing to be embarrassed about :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ParkHyungSuk
It's a lot easier for a girl to get a relationship than it is for a guy tbh - rejection is much less common.

Doesn't really help, as that's not the case for me saying it's easier makes me feel worst :/
Reply 4
I think you should just go out to clubs or join a sports society or something to meet new people.
In the end, it will work out as people sometimes find relationships when they aren't even looking for one.
My friend is 23, and he's never been in a relationship either, so it's nothing to be embarrassed about :smile:

Hmm I'm in my final year so I don't have time to go clubs or join something new if I finish in couple of months
😴
Ok and??
Doesn't really help, as that's not the case for me saying it's easier makes me feel worst :/

I'm sorry :smile: that's just the way it is tho - you may have to put yourself out there but it will be more likely for it to be successful if you are a woman is what i'm saying
I've known plenty of people in the 20's who haven't had relationships so it's more common than you'd think. Your comment suggests a lack of confidence - "guys never seem interested in me'. Have you tried volunteering or joining a club of some sort. Best way to form relationships is through a mutual interest and to not focus on being in a relationship. I know it sounds cliche but invest in yourself; your skills, appearance and personality.

Not actually true, it's no easier for a woman to get into a relationship than a man. The only reason rejection is less common is because most women don't ask men out, they just wait to be asked.
-been in a relationship
-never had sex

There's someone out there for everyone. You're not doing anything wrong, someone will like you for who you are. You'll meet the right person in time; it doesn't matter about your age. :smile:
Original post by howitoughttobe
Not actually true, it's no easier for a woman to get into a relationship than a man. The only reason rejection is less common is because most women don't ask men out, they just wait to be asked.

Go on any dating website and make an average profile of a 5/10 man and a 5/10 woman - tell me your results :smile:
Original post by FloralLuxe
😴
Ok and??

Thanks for your input 🙄
Thanks for your input 🙄

It doesn’t even seem like you want to do it but more like, you feel pressured to do it.
Maybe what you’re doing wrong is complaining on tsr instead of putting yourself out there and talking to guys.... download tinder or get yourself pissed and to a bar
-been in a relationship
-never had sex

Be attractive, by that I don't mean having a banging body and face.
I mean eye contact, smile with teeth, laughter and be inclusive.
I'm trying to be as generic as possible because it really works both ways. If you seem open and inviting (attractive) then they may come over to you. If you appear reserved and timid, they won't come over because they haven't noticed you.

Confidence is shown by the one approaching, but it's often because of the confidence that is shown by the one being approached.
This applies for both online and real life

Catch my drift?
I'm 23 myself and also have never been in a relationship. I'm male though, and it's much more common for us men to be in this situation than women. I've had self esteem issues because of it, but they seem to have faded away as I've grown, and I am confident that I'll get a girlfriend at some point.

Do you view yourself as conventionally attractive? What do you think is your biggest flaw holding you back? Perhaps flaw is the wrong word.

For the record, I don't think it's as unattractive for females to be virgins at this age as it is for men.
Original post by FloralLuxe
It doesn’t even seem like you want to do it but more like, you feel pressured to do it.

Pressured by who? Generally asked for advice

Original post by cat_mac
Maybe what you’re doing wrong is complaining on tsr instead of putting yourself out there and talking to guys.... download tinder or get yourself pissed and to a bar

Tried tinder and I don't want a hookup by getting pissed and going to a bar.

Dw I think this was a bad idea posting on here :/
Go on any dating website and make an average profile of a 5/10 man and a 5/10 woman - tell me your results :smile:

No, because:
1) I have better things to do
2) I wouldn't even know what qualifies as 5/10 for a man or a woman, I'd have to do a fair bit of research into it
3) A dating website isn't even close to representative of the real world, especially as it's mainly made up of people who were unsuccessful in meeting someone in real life

It doesn’t really sound like you want to change your ‘status’ tbh
Pressured by who? Generally asked for advice

Idk. Because of your age..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending