If you prefer Durham go there
Durham's a shithole.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Durham's a shithole.
Really? What makes you say that?
Bristol
Original post by literature101
Really? What makes you say that?

It is quite small, though it is quite close to Newcastle it is in the middle of nowhere, and the campus is literally just one boring square nestled in between some trees. A redeeming feature is the spread of buildings in the city centre (cathedral and cobbled streets, and really staggeringly beautiful bridges as you get to the more foresty part of town). From there it is up an annoyingly exhausting hill to a centre with only the basic amenities. Colleges are alright and old; but more like halls than Oxbridge colleges.

I have lived in both places and I would much rather live in Bristol, which is halfway towards a vibrant city. The campus is much more interesting.
(edited 6 years ago)
It is quite small, though it is quite close to Newcastle it is in the middle of nowhere, and the campus is literally just one boring square nestled in between some trees. A redeeming feature is the spread of buildings in the city centre (cathedral and cobbled streets, and really staggeringly beautiful bridges as you get to the more foresty part of town). But then it up an annoyingly exhausting hill to a centre with only the basic amenities. Colleges are alright and old; but more like halls than Oxbridge colleges.

I have lived in both places and I would much rather live in Bristol, which is halfway towards a vibrant city. The campus is much more interesting.
Thanks, that's good to know
Original post by literature101
Thanks, that's good to know

why did u delete your original post??
Original post by Bill Nye
why did u delete your original post??

Mods will have done that?
It is quite small, though it is quite close to Newcastle it is in the middle of nowhere, and the campus is literally just one boring square nestled in between some trees. A redeeming feature is the spread of buildings in the city centre (cathedral and cobbled streets, and really staggeringly beautiful bridges as you get to the more foresty part of town). From there it is up an annoyingly exhausting hill to a centre with only the basic amenities. Colleges are alright and old; but more like halls than Oxbridge colleges.

Haha this is how imagine Durham would be if i applied, but the course i want to do is great there. I am currently struggling to decide if it is worth attending a more prestigious uni like durham despite the area, instead of applying to city uni like leeds or bham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending