The Student Room Group

Does whether you want accomodation affect an offer?

I got my uni offers back, the one I want accepted me on a conditional offer.

On the option about whether accommodation is required, I wrote no, but actually I will need it now. I will need accommodation.

Does this affect the offer at all, if I apply for accommodation when I get my results?

Should I get in touch now and tell the uni now or leave it?

I know whether you need accommodation or not, should not affect academic an offer - but wondering if it does, if I change it ?
(edited 6 years ago)
It won't affect your offer but you need to get in contact now and tell them you want to apply for accommodation and there may be a chance that if they have a scheme where firmers get guaranteed accommodation you will be able to take advantage of this
Original post by sophie-b-axed
I got my uni offers back, the one I want accepted me on a conditional offer.

On the option about whether accommodation is required, I wrote no, but actually I will need it now. I will need accommodation.

Does this affect the offer at all, if I apply for accommodation when I get my results?

Should I get in touch now and tell the uni now or leave it?

I know whether you need accommodation or not, should not affect academic an offer - but wondering if it does, if I change it ?

Read the uni's pages about accommodation and how to apply so you know the key dates - every uni is different on how they deal with accommodation.

It won't affect you application at all, so tell them now and make sure you have their response on email not just over the phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK thanks.
What would happen if I did not tell them, and it just got left as no accommodation needed for a few more months? I could just end up with the leftovers or none at all....

It is just, I was going to stay with a family member, but some stuff has happened that might make that uncertain now.

I suppose I could apply for accommodation now and then cancel it? I do not want to mess them around though,
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sophie-b-axed
OK thanks.
What would happen if I did not tell them, and it just got left as no accommodation needed for a few more months? I could just end up with the leftovers or none at all....

It is just, I was going to stay with a family member, but some stuff has happened that might make that uncertain now.

I suppose I could apply for accommodation now and then cancel it? I do not want to mess them around though,

Applying initially and cancelling later us a far better strategy. Don't worry about messing them around, there will always be someone to take your place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending