The Student Room Group

I'm an introvert - how will I get on at uni?

I'm considering going to university but my personality type doesn't really fit what I've heard. I'm an introvert who is gradually overcoming confidence and anxiety issues but I don't think I'll ever be a confident adult who gets pissed all the time at uni.

Should I not go to uni?
There will likely be people who are similar to you :smile: I guess meet like minded people in societies?
surround yourself around likeminded 'introverts'. e.g. join the programming club, video games society or boardgame club. if you wanna be more outgoing, then surround yourself around more extroverted people - join a dance class, join the finance society, go clubbing. your personality isn't set in stone, especially at this age. you're very young and anything could change. only time will tell fam.
OFCOURSE you should go to uni! Your primary moivation for going is to get a degree. Tbh if you are an introvert you are more likely to do the work. You will be fine
Reply 4
Thanks people!
Reply 5
Original post by Traore
I'm considering going to university but my personality type doesn't really fit what I've heard. I'm an introvert who is gradually overcoming confidence and anxiety issues but I don't think I'll ever be a confident adult who gets pissed all the time at uni.

Should I not go to uni?

Most are introverts, many students lack confidence and have anxiety issues, so you'll find many people who are like you. You shouldn't worry too much, by the time you arrive there you'd potentially make friends with your flatmates or others in your building. I mostly met my course mates through our course group chat.
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
Most are introverts, many students lack confidence and have anxiety issues, so you'll find many people who are like you. You shouldn't worry too much, by the time you arrive there you'd potentially make friends with your flatmates or others in your building. I mostly met my course mates through our course group chat.

Thanks
Absolutely go to uni. I'm a pretty introverted person, with anxiety and depression. I've never been a big drinker - I've never even been drunk as I was teetotal for my first year and a half of uni, and have now had to stop drinking because of medication. You'll still be able to make friends no problem, there are plenty of people who are a bit more introverted and don't drink. You can join societies and find people you'll get along with. At my uni anyway, the big sports clubs (hockey, rugby, lacrosse etc) have quite a big drinking culture, but a lot of the smaller clubs or the non-sport societies are much more chilled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending