The Student Room Group

Nosebleed infection - advice

So I have this nosebleed infection where every few weeks I tend to get nosebleeds. More than one in the same day, usually. Just two days ago on Thursday I got a really bad nosebleed which lasted just short of half an hour, and it really hurt just like all of my nosebleeds do. I actually do feel pain from them.

I've had this infection for a few years now, and I've been to see a doctor... more than once. The result is just being prescribed cream and medication tablets for the infection. On one occasion I have been referred to A&E, in which they just prescribed me cream and medication tablets as well.

If these nosebleeds carry on, which they will do, what should I do? The cream and the tablets don't seem to be helping. The nosebleeds just continue and it sucks because they can just happen at any random moment. On a bus, in the car, in college, anywhere, where I'm not prepared for them (I've started carrying tissues with me now but they're so big even like 5 packets of tissues isn't enough). It's best when they happen at home, although I'd rather they didn't happen at all.

Any help for this would be much appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Call the non emergency number 111 and tell them everything & they should give advice
I don’t know what you’ve been like with them before but I would go back to the doctor and be really straight with them and just say that the tablets and cream aren’t working and that you want to try something else
Get your nose cauterized. And get tested for hemophilia too.
Reply 4
Original post by beano150
So I have this nosebleed infection where every few weeks I tend to get nosebleeds. More than one in the same day, usually. Just two days ago on Thursday I got a really bad nosebleed which lasted just short of half an hour, and it really hurt just like all of my nosebleeds do. I actually do feel pain from them.

I've had this infection for a few years now, and I've been to see a doctor... more than once. The result is just being prescribed cream and medication tablets for the infection. On one occasion I have been referred to A&E, in which they just prescribed me cream and medication tablets as well.

If these nosebleeds carry on, which they will do, what should I do? The cream and the tablets don't seem to be helping. The nosebleeds just continue and it sucks because they can just happen at any random moment. On a bus, in the car, in college, anywhere, where I'm not prepared for them (I've started carrying tissues with me now but they're so big even like 5 packets of tissues isn't enough). It's best when they happen at home, although I'd rather they didn't happen at all.

Any help for this would be much appreciated, thanks.

Go back, say it's not helping and ask about next steps like cauterisation and tests.

Quick Reply

Latest