The Student Room Group

UK govt security check interview

Hi all, been offered a job with the foreign and commonwealth office, specifically with an embassy in another country. I require an online security check to be carried out, as well as an interview with the security team from the embassy.

Has anyone had this interview before? I've been told there is no need to prepare as the questions will be about my personal life.

I consider myself very capable of doing this job, but the interview is very daunting.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Tresaddern
Hi all, been offered a job with the foreign and commonwealth office, specifically with an embassy in another country. I require an online security check to be carried out, as well as an interview with the security team from the embassy.

Has anyone had this interview before? I've been told there is no need to prepare as the questions will be about my personal life.

I consider myself very capable of doing this job, but the interview is very daunting.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.fcoservices.gov.uk/products-and-services/network-services/uk-government-services/vetting-i-need-to/applicants/

They just want to check you cant be compromised and are solvent i.e not financially vulnerable. Also criminal record is clean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending