The Student Room Group

How much does it cost to get 2 degrees?

Hi,

I was just wondering if how much more expensive it is to get two undergraduate degrees. I want to study law at uni (specifically the llb) but I got an offer from the uni of Nottingham for criminology. Out of the unis I have applied to ( City London, Sussex, Nottingham Trent) Nottingham is the one I like the best. So it worth it to firm the offer because I like the uni even though it’s not the course I want or should I pick a uni that’s offered me the course.

If I picked Nottingham, I would do the llb after and then do the llm but when you get your loan does it just cover a single undergraduate degree. Can you get more than one loan or is it just a one time thing?Also do you get a loan to pay for a masters?
Original post by DaphineJ
Hi,

I was just wondering if how much more expensive it is to get two undergraduate degrees. I want to study law at uni (specifically the llb) but I got an offer from the uni of Nottingham for criminology. Out of the unis I have applied to ( City London, Sussex, Nottingham Trent) Nottingham is the one I like the best. So it worth it to firm the offer because I like the uni even though it’s not the course I want or should I pick a uni that’s offered me the course.

If I picked Nottingham, I would do the llb after and then do the llm but when you get your loan does it just cover a single undergraduate degree. Can you get more than one loan or is it just a one time thing?Also do you get a loan to pay for a masters?

I would go for the course you want as I don't think you can get two lots of student finance unless you have a good reason. You could always try and transfer if you really didn't like the uni. I think you can get funding for a masters though :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DaphineJ
Hi,

Hi DaphineJ,

You can only apply for funding for one course, we advise that you apply using your first choice and if this changes you can change this on your online account.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending