The Student Room Group

I'm not eligible for Postgraduate loan?

Can someone explain why that might be? I meet the criteria, live in England, only have an undergrad and my course would start this September.

I meet the standard criteria on their website and they haven't asked me any more than a few basic questions but is saying I'm not eligible.
Original post by ghowrigah1
Can someone explain why that might be? I meet the criteria, live in England, only have an undergrad and my course would start this September.

I meet the standard criteria on their website and they haven't asked me any more than a few basic questions but is saying I'm not eligible.

Is your undergraduate degree an enhanced degree? MEng/MSci etc

Is the course definitely eligible?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Is your undergraduate degree an enhanced degree? MEng/MSci etc

Is the course definitely eligible?

No my undergrad is a BSc in Psychology
I'm trying to get into a MA in Education Psych at Institute UCL.. It gives the option of funding through SF on the website
Original post by ghowrigah1

Hi ghowrigah1,

If you are trying to apply for a Masters course that starts after August 1, 2018 on the current academic year 2017/18 application, the system will make you ineligible because of the start date that you are entering.

Courses that start after August 1, 2018 fall into the academic year 2018/19.

Applications for 2018/19 are not as yet available, we do not have a confirmed date as yet although we expect it to be around May/June.

We will update the website and all social media channels, including The Student Room when available.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending