The Student Room Group

How to defer an offer?

So I have got most of my uni offers (except 1 which I am waiting for). When I receive ALL my offers, can I call up the uni to defer? I didn’t think I would want a gap year but I’m starting to think otherwise now.
Also, if I did defer and then changed my mind about my course next year - could I reapply for 2019 entry for a different course (by withdrawing my deferred offers for the previous course)?
Original post by guy321
So I have got most of my uni offers (except 1 which I am waiting for). When I receive ALL my offers, can I call up the uni to defer? I didn’t think I would want a gap year but I’m starting to think otherwise now.
Also, if I did defer and then changed my mind about my course next year - could I reapply for 2019 entry for a different course (by withdrawing my deferred offers for the previous course)?

Ring your choices up and ask to change your application to 2019 entry. Then follow up with an email to confirm it in writing.

You can change your mind and reapply next cycle if you want. You just need to ring ucas to withdraw your deferred application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending