The Student Room Group

Special Exam Arrangements

Hello,

I was wondering how many exam % points are gained by those who have special arrangements?

For example, some disabled students are permitted to have 25% extra time. Of that 25% extra time, I'm interested to know, on average, how many additional exam % points a disabled student can expect to obtain, compared with the situation where they had no such allowances?
Is it simply 25% extra exam marks, or is it a different %?
Original post by micwhite
Hello,

I was wondering how many exam % points are gained by those who have special arrangements?

For example, some disabled students are permitted to have 25% extra time. Of that 25% extra time, I'm interested to know, on average, how many additional exam % points a disabled student can expect to obtain, compared with the situation where they had no such allowances?
Is it simply 25% extra exam marks, or is it a different %?

Why do you want to know?
Have you been granted special arrangements?
The aim would be to give them equal opportunity.

It depends n too many variables, such as consistency, whether they used all the time, the level of their disability etc.

I doubt such data exists.
Reply 2
I’m considering a scenario where a diagnosis of a condition is made midway through someone’s education and where there weren’t arrangements in place for earlier examinations, what retrospective measures an exam board might take. For example, can they raise exam marks by a related % or would they go down a route of providing letters of extenuating circumstances? The 25% extra time I mentioned must have been thought up from somewhere, hence the suggestion it’s related to exam marks.
You generally can't change previous exam scores. There's a fixed time to apply for extenuating circumstances and you can't go back and get extra for your GCSEs etc.

People will gain varying numbers of marks by having 25% extra time, it really depends on their difficulties.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending