The Student Room Group

I’m 18 in 2 months and my boyfriend has jus turned 22

My boyfriend is 4 and a half years older than me, personally I can’t see any problem with it as I am very mature for my age, but my mum and dad are disgusted. They said I need to decide if I want to see him or not and if I do I have to move out the house. Obviously I’m stuck between my boyfriend but also loosing my family, but surely if they cared about me they wouldn’t make me choose.
Reply 1
They shouldn't be making you choose like that. 4 years is hardly anything, it's quite a normal age gap to me. If you would be fine if you chose him then it makes it a hard choice. Good luck.
If your finding it hard to choose between your family and your boyfriend...I suggest a doctor.
Just do what you want.
Original post by Penelopeyoung
My boyfriend is 4 and a half years older than me, personally I can’t see any problem with it as I am very mature for my age, but my mum and dad are disgusted. They said I need to decide if I want to see him or not and if I do I have to move out the house. Obviously I’m stuck between my boyfriend but also loosing my family, but surely if they cared about me they wouldn’t make me choose.

Tell them you are not seeing him anymore and continue with the relationship, that is a simpliest solution here...
'Age doesn't matter' I mean your parents should accept him if you are happy with him. And you shouldnt be in a position to choose. Jut try explaining to them, get them to understand
Original post by casanova27
Tell them you are not seeing him anymore and continue with the relationship, that is a simpliest solution here...

I tried doing this, I was secret about seeing him and then I finally confessed and ever since I’ve not been able to see him. They said once I’m 18 I can see him but not under there roof (so I’d have to move out) but in the mean time there keeping me in so I don’t see him.
Reply 7
Original post by Penelopeyoung

I was 18 when I met my first boyfriend, and he was 22. My parents got upset when I said he was older, and I lied and told them he was only 20 and they even seemed upset by that. But after they met him they calmed down and realised he was actually very nice and responsible and kept me safe. But it was very difficult at first and it led me to move out shortly after meeting him.
Reply 8
It's wrong of your parents to even suggest moving out, just because you have a boyfriend who is slightly older than what they deem as an acceptable age limit.
I'm wondering what the age gap is between your parents? Because if it's 4 or more years, then they have literally no say in the age gap matter.
I'd continue to see your bf, and when the parents are out at a friend's meal, or you're home alone, invite him over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending