The Student Room Group

Failed Practical Test AGAIN!! (2nd Attempt)

Had my 2nd attempt at doing the practical test this morning and unfortunately I failed again...

I've had almost 40 hours of lessons doing 2 hour lessons per week.

My 1st attempt I had 5 minors and 2 serious (meeting traffic and entering wrong lane at D junction). The minors were for observation, control etc.

My 2nd attempt I had 2 minors and 2 serious (meeting traffic again and not being able to complete the parallel parking manoeuvre, balls it up with steering and hitting the curb even after alteration). The minors were preparation and stalling in 3d gear at right light).

The 1st time I was a bad of nerves and my anxiety was terrible, this time wasn't too bad, but it's still a disappointment when you fail considering most people do it on the 2nd attempt.

Does anyone else get really anxious/nervous and finds it hard to concentrate?
Original post by Benjii94
Had my 2nd attempt at doing the practical test this morning and unfortunately I failed again...

I've had almost 40 hours of lessons doing 2 hour lessons per week.

My 1st attempt I had 5 minors and 2 serious (meeting traffic and entering wrong lane at D junction). The minors were for observation, control etc.

My 2nd attempt I had 2 minors and 2 serious (meeting traffic again and not being able to complete the parallel parking manoeuvre, balls it up with steering and hitting the curb even after alteration). The minors were preparation and stalling in 3d gear at right light).

The 1st time I was a bad of nerves and my anxiety was terrible, this time wasn't too bad, but it's still a disappointment when you fail considering most people do it on the 2nd attempt.

Does anyone else get really anxious/nervous and finds it hard to concentrate?

It’s a nervous experience but you’ll eventually pass.

Given you’ve failed at meeting traffic on two occasions, I’d say definitely work on that. It’s easy enough to get the hang of with practice and experience.

Have you chewed gum on either test? Sounds a bit loopy but it actually works well and stimulates your brain to think more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending