The Student Room Group

Best accommodation for anxiety?

I have alot of social anxiety and am going to uni soon. I don't want to live in a secluded area, but I don't want to be with 8 people. I'd say 4 or 5 would be right, the self contained or two people apartments are probably too lonely. I'm probably going to Sheffield Hallam but I don't know whats right for me
Original post by Brocolli123
I have alot of social anxiety and am going to uni soon. I don't want to live in a secluded area, but I don't want to be with 8 people. I'd say 4 or 5 would be right, the self contained or two people apartments are probably too lonely. I'm probably going to Sheffield Hallam but I don't know whats right for me

I think most of their mini flats are of that size. There are videos of all accommodation on the website and then its a bit pot luck as to who you get as flatmates. Talk to accommodation and welfare services. not sure you can have any influence as to whether you are put with quiet people.

You really need to spend the summer working out some strategies for your anxiety and need some resilience to push through. Do not stay in your room. Hopefully you will meet a few who will be considerate and supportive. Its really beneficial if you can make an effort in the first term as thats when a lot of friendship groups form.

https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/find-somewhere-to-live
Original post by 999tigger
I think most of their mini flats are of that size. There are videos of all accommodation on the website and then its a bit pot luck as to who you get as flatmates. Talk to accommodation and welfare services. not sure you can have any influence as to whether you are put with quiet people.

You really need to spend the summer working out some strategies for your anxiety and need some resilience to push through. Do not stay in your room. Hopefully you will meet a few who will be considerate and supportive. Its really beneficial if you can make an effort in the first term as thats when a lot of friendship groups form.

https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/find-somewhere-to-live

Yeah I do need to work on my social skills but I've got no idea how. I don't like small talk and generally just get what I have to say out quickly and then not have anything else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending