The Student Room Group

How long is a foundation year & bsc year?!?

I am currently studying the wrong type of BTEC at my sixth form as I have only just found out by my chosen university due to my teachers telling me that the BTEC i am studying is "accepted by all universities". The university I would like to attend has offered me to do a foundation year, to study the modules and topics I will not study at A-level which will then lead me to the BSC year of my course.

The foundation year states it is 4 years and the BSC course also states it is 4 years. Does that mean I have to spend 8 years at university or just 4 years for the BSC course plus an additional year due to my foundation course?

Hope this makes sense lol
Original post by jesswalton888
I am currently studying the wrong type of BTEC at my sixth form as I have only just found out by my chosen university due to my teachers telling me that the BTEC i am studying is "accepted by all universities". The university I would like to attend has offered me to do a foundation year, to study the modules and topics I will not study at A-level which will then lead me to the BSC year of my course.

The foundation year states it is 4 years and the BSC course also states it is 4 years. Does that mean I have to spend 8 years at university or just 4 years for the BSC course plus an additional year due to my foundation course?

Oh no! It's 4 years for the BSc (3 years BSc + 1 year foundation).
Original post by alleycat393
Oh no! It's 4 years for the BSc (3 years BSc + 1 year foundation).

Thank god for that! I got so confused!! Thank you :smile:
4 years.
If there is also a chance for a placement year it would be five. (Unless there is already one in place or the course does not have one.)
Original post by DrawTheLine
4 years.

Okay, thank you! :smile:
Original post by monkeyman0121
If there is also a chance for a placement year it would be five. (Unless there is already one in place or the course does not have one.)

Yeah I am planning on doing the placement year too. Thank you!
Original post by jesswalton888

the foundation is just that a year while the BSC is 3 years hope that helps.
Original post by jonathanemptage
the foundation is just that a year while the BSC is 3 years hope that helps.

Yes it did, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending