The Student Room Group

Y11 boyfriend? (I’m in Y13)

So I’m in y13 and I’ve been seeing this guy who’s in y11, he’s only a year and a month younger than me but my friends all think it’s kinda weird cos like usually the guy is older, my only other issue is that he’s got some mental health problems (he’s bipolar) and my mum doesn’t want me to see him. I really like the guy but not sure exactly what to do because what if I get into things and decide I don’t like him like that, he’s quite emotional sensitive and I wouldn’t want to hurt him, he was also a really good friend before anything happened and I wouldn’t wanna loose that.
It is not weird to like someone younger than you! Try talking to your mum about it- ask her why she doesn't want you to see him and maybe come up with a solution together. Maybe also ask yourself if you actually want to BE WITH the guy or you just like the guy because you think he's cool. I think you need to decide if you really do like him in the way you want to be with him first so you won't hurt him later (since hes sensitive as you said). If you guys do end up being together, then try to tell him to maybe not be super upset if you guys break up and all that?
Reply 2
Don’t Liston to your mum, mental health shouldn’t come into it, and it’s your choice not hers
Mental health shouldn’t be a reason you don’t see someone, it’s an illness and not something they can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending