The Student Room Group

Gaining confidence :(

Hey, I’m in such a situation rn I’m not sure what to do, I am ridiculously shy but I really need to gain confidence because I’m going to a sixth form next year, with none of my friends. I’m just so worried about making new friends because I just don’t know how to do it I’m so so anxious and I just don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any tips on gaining confidence?? :frown:
If you're an academic person, focus on that. If you're a sporty person, join a team sport at your new college and show what you're capable of :wink:
Don’t worry I went to a separate college compared to my friends to and I was a relatively shy person too 💎 in college there will be loads of people and you will find people who have the same interests as you and you will make new friends and gain confidence 🌺 Don’t worry about it too much xx
Original post by Caitlin1811
Hey, I’m in such a situation rn I’m not sure what to do, I am ridiculously shy but I really need to gain confidence because I’m going to a sixth form next year, with none of my friends. I’m just so worried about making new friends because I just don’t know how to do it I’m so so anxious and I just don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any tips on gaining confidence?? :frown:

A lot of people are lacking confidence so don't worry you're not the only one who feels like this.

What areas are you lacking confidence in? The first few days are hard and a little awkward because you don't know each other but after a few days you'll be much more comfortable around your new friends.

Try not to think too much of it, you'll have to deal with this again at uni and again when you get new jobs etc. Best to just face your fears now and try to use this opportunity to gain some confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending