The Student Room Group

nothing interests me

i literally have no clue what i want to do in the future. at the moment, im getting 7's (A's) up, buuu i literally have no clue what to do. i have changed my a levels about 5 times, going from bio chem econ, to maths politics econ.
no career looks interesting enough to me, apart from maybe business but it is a vague industry, and i dont want to waste 27 grand at uni if im not gonna use it
im not enough of a science person to want to take it, though i wish i was

help lool

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Choose the A levels that interest you the most. Though it seems like it, what you do at A level doesn’t 100% determine your future. If you figure out what you want do in Y13 and you don’t have the entry requirements, you can always do a foundation year, take some more A levels, maybe you won’t even need to go to uni to do it. I have a friend who completely changed her career fresh out of uni because her friend offered her a job and she never looked back.

You don’t need to have everything figured out right now, life is long. There’s plenty of time to train and retrain and do a lot of different things. Just focus on the immediate future and spending these next two years learning something that interests you. :thumbsup:
Original post by cat_mac
Choose the A levels that interest you the most. Though it seems like it, what you do at A level doesn’t 100% determine your future. If you figure out what you want do in Y13 and you don’t have the entry requirements, you can always do a foundation year, take some more A levels, maybe you won’t even need to go to uni to do it. I have a friend who completely changed her career fresh out of uni because her friend offered her a job and she never looked back.

You don’t need to have everything figured out right now, life is long. There’s plenty of time to train and retrain and do a lot of different things. Just focus on the immediate future and spending these next two years learning something that interests you. :thumbsup:

ahhh thank you
im curious, what exactly does a foundation year do??
Reply 3
Original post by YouAreAYute
ahhh thank you
im curious, what exactly does a foundation year do??

It’s kind of studying how to study, and introductions to the topic for the main course. Basically for people who didn’t get the grades, don’t have the right subjects or are getting back into education.
Probably gives you a good advantage when you start first year, as you’ll know how the uni likes essays structured and you’ll be more relaxed and use to being away from home. That’s what i’m telling myself anyway!
Original post by cat_mac
It’s kind of studying how to study, and introductions to the topic for the main course. Basically for people who didn’t get the grades, don’t have the right subjects or are getting back into education.
Probably gives you a good advantage when you start first year, as you’ll know how the uni likes essays structured and you’ll be more relaxed and use to being away from home. That’s what i’m telling myself anyway!

sounds sickk, good luck!
i literally have no clue what i want to do in the future. at the moment, im getting 7's (A's) up, buuu i literally have no clue what to do. i have changed my a levels about 5 times, going from bio chem econ, to maths politics econ.
no career looks interesting enough to me, apart from maybe business but it is a vague industry, and i dont want to waste 27 grand at uni if im not gonna use it
im not enough of a science person to want to take it, though i wish i was

help lool

I’m the same 🤣 I changed which career I want to go in about a hundred times (no joke 😳).
You have two options:
1) Pick courses you know you will like or have a keen interest in
2) Pick Facilitating (I think that’s what it’s called) subjects- If you are like me and keep changing your mind regarding what you want to do at uni, these will help open many doors and you’ll have a lot of options for degrees.
I hope you figure it out though 😘
Original post by TheEnchantress
I’m the same 🤣 I changed which career I want to go in about a hundred times (no joke 😳).
You have two options:
1) Pick courses you know you will like or have a keen interest in
2) Pick Facilitating (I think that’s what it’s called) subjects- If you are like me and keep changing your mind regarding what you want to do at uni, these will help open many doors and you’ll have a lot of options for degrees.
I hope you figure it out though 😘

thank youuu, and tbh idk if im clever enough for facilitating subjects lool
thank youuu, and tbh idk if im clever enough for facilitating subjects lool

Your getting A’s of course you are 🌸☀️
Original post by TheEnchantress
Your getting A’s of course you are 🌸☀️

ehhh well still
Reply 9
Try taking a subject you haven’t taken before and who knows you might just like it. Personally I would recommend sociology, i did the same and I really, really like it.
Maybe study one subject you like the most and pursue it all the way to uni. Maybe you may like maths or design tech...whatever it is, study it more and you will soon like one subject, then pursue it all the way through....
Original post by Jay_haru
Try taking a subject you haven’t taken before and who knows you might just like it. Personally I would recommend sociology, i did the same and I really, really like it.

i would love love love to take psychology or sociology but i dont have enough options smhhhh
Original post by neluxsan
Maybe study one subject you like the most and pursue it all the way to uni. Maybe you may like maths or design tech...whatever it is, study it more and you will soon like one subject, then pursue it all the way through....

all the subjects i like dont have careers i like loool
what subjects do you like?
what subjects do you like?

politics i suppose, econ i suppose, business (bu im not taking it for a levels)
You said when you created the thread, that you are not a science enough person to take science...maybe practice science?
You said when you created the thread, that you are not a science enough person to take science...maybe practice science?

naa i mean like, ill lose motivation and prolly hate it lool if i were doing something like medicine
Don't you like to get rich? Ngl, thats what is motivating me to do well..

Maybe, you should pick the 4 best subject you do and do them for alevels...(I'd say thats a bad idea ngl, you should think about what you should become....procastinate)
I think a lot of people fall into this category, more than you think at least.

One thing you must never do though is to become stagnant, always move forward.

If you have no idea what you want to do my advice would be to do something that keeps as many doors open as possible. That way if you change your mind it wont be too difficult to transition into something else.
Don't you like to get rich? Ngl, thats what is motivating me to do well..

Maybe, you should pick the 4 best subject you do and do them for alevels...(I'd say thats a bad idea ngl, you should think about what you should become....procastinate)

LOOOL naa, job satisfaction > money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending