The Student Room Group

I'm angered by people buying me Easter Eggs...

1200 calories of pure skin-destroying sugar. Why do people insist on buying me chocolates and sweets ALL the time no matter how many times I say to never do it ever? I'd prefer to receive a box of dust.

I mean I GUESS I could offload them onto friends but you know, when the egg is right there the temptation becomes too great. I tell people to just keep these things AWAY from me and STILL they insist.

Christmas comes: Here's a gigantic box of chocolate.

I can almost hear Satan laughing in delight.

Scroll to see replies

Sounds absolutely dreadful. Poor thing.
Reply 3
Original post by RockyDennis
1200 calories of pure skin-destroying sugar. Why do people insist on buying me chocolates and sweets ALL the time no matter how many times I say to never do it ever? I'd prefer to receive a box of dust.

I mean I GUESS I could offload them onto friends but you know, when the egg is right there the temptation becomes too great. I tell people to just keep these things AWAY from me and STILL they insist.

Christmas comes: Here's a gigantic box of chocolate.

I can almost hear Satan laughing in delight.

XD
if you really dont want the easter eggs, you can send them all to me, they will be much appreciated :tongue:
Can't you just learn a bit of self-control rather than blaming others for your gluttony?
Reply 6
What is wrong with you? Don’t be so ungrateful.
They give it you, You give it me 😊
Everyone’s happy 🌸
Original post by Sulfolobus
Can't you just learn a bit of self-control rather than blaming others for your gluttony?

No. No I can't. And why should I have to?

I maintain my appearance and body by carefully ensuring there are no temptations anywhere. My house is only stocked with eggs, gluten-free bread, potatoes, chicken breast, steak, 5% fat mince, and onions.

When your only choice for a snack is hard boiled eggs and a slice of toast, or having to get dressed and go out at 2 am and drive to the supermarket just to pick up some junk and drive all the way back, it suddenly becomes less appealing.

I think I'm allergic to sugar or something. My face bloats and my skin sags after anything sugary. Every birthday, here's some cake. Destruction is upon me. Demons tie me down and force it into my mouth while I scream - "OH GOD NO NOT THE CAKE! NOT THE CAKE! IT'S IN MY MOUTH!!!! AHHHH!!!"
I’ll take them off your hands.

How can she be smiling while creating that life-ending egg? It'd be like engineers smiling while putting the finishing touches on a nuclear bomb they plan to drop on some unsuspecting country.

Whoever received that egg now has diabetes and is morbidly obese, with destroyed skin. Game over. Chocolate addiction has begun.

Luckily I think there's only one more birthday this year in summer. As long as I can quickly convince to give the cake away to the neighbors before I have a chance to encounter it, I should be golden.
You could always give them to a local children's hospice or charity. That way, you don't need to worry about the chocolate and you'll be putting smiles on the faces of children that are going through a hard time.
Original post by StarbucksLife14
You could always give them to a local children's hospice or charity. That way, you don't need to worry about the chocolate and you'll be putting smiles on the faces of children that are going through a hard time.

Yes that's a great idea! I truly do not want chocolate or sweets given to me ever. EVER.

But best if I get the egg-giver to do this so it doesn't even ever come into my hands. Once it's in my hands it's only a matter of time until a midnight craving sends me downstairs for just a bit of egg shell. Then half the egg. Then the entire egg.

I sometimes purchase sweets for myself in a very controlled manner. It's a controlled skin destruction and more like 300 calories.
Original post by RockyDennis
How can she be smiling while creating that life-ending egg? It'd be like engineers smiling while putting the finishing touches on a nuclear bomb they plan to drop on some unsuspecting country.

Whoever received that egg now has diabetes and is morbidly obese, with destroyed skin. Game over. Chocolate addiction has begun.

Luckily I think there's only one more birthday this year in summer. As long as I can quickly convince to give the cake away to the neighbors before I have a chance to encounter it, I should be golden.

Have a google of orthorexia, a lot of your posts are showing red flags.

I remember crying for hours on my 16th birthday because I had half a slice of chocolate cake, and exercising for 4 hours the next day to burn it off. If you’re at the point where you can’t even allow yourself a treat on a holiday you’re in too deep.

http://www.timberlineknolls.com/eating-disorder/orthorexia/signs-effects/
https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/types/orthorexia

Please at least read the symptoms. :unsure:
You must be fun at parties.
Original post by 999tigger
Sounds absolutely dreadful. Poor thing.

There is nothing more irritating than people giving you low quality chocolate, which is mostly sugar and fat as opposed to cocoa.
Hang on... let me go and get the worlds smallest violin.
Original post by bars from mars
There is nothing more irritating than people giving you low quality chocolate, which is mostly sugar and fat as opposed to cocoa.

Surely it's the thought that counts though right?
Original post by Dodo0099
Surely it's the thought that counts though right?

I'd prefer the thought that I can make my own decisions as to what is in my own best interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending