The Student Room Group

He took days to respond - should I reply?

I started talking to this guy on a dating app a few days ago...I've seen him around before at a party where he kept looking over at me a lot. Anyway he didn't respond to my last message but within that time he updated his bio (quite frequently), so I just assumed he was no longer interested. He eventually messaged me back yesterday, after 4 days, but he had a fairly legitimate excuse as he was away and his message was lengthy and inquisitive. I don't know if it's harsh for me to not reply/reply bluntly or if I should go ahead and reply as I usually would?
Original post by itisavibe
he had a fairly legitimate excuse as he was away and his message was lengthy and inquisitive.

Reply as you usually would, that says it all ^^^
I'd recommend waiting for like another day before you reply though, will keep him interested in you...
tbh i get pissed off when people can see my message but dont reply for so long. I would abort
I started talking to this guy on a dating app a few days ago...I've seen him around before at a party where he kept looking over at me a lot. Anyway he didn't respond to my last message but within that time he updated his bio (quite frequently), so I just assumed he was no longer interested. He eventually messaged me back yesterday, after 4 days, but he had a fairly legitimate excuse as he was away and his message was lengthy and inquisitive. I don't know if it's harsh for me to not reply/reply bluntly or if I should go ahead and reply as I usually would?

You just said yourself the reason he took ages was legitimate. Why would you then be blunt or ignore him?
Reply 5
[QUOTE=itisavibe;77054818]I started talking to this guy on a dating app a few days ago...I've seen him around before at a party where he kept looking over at me a lot. Anyway he didn't respond to my last message but within that time he updated his bio (quite frequently), so I just assumed he was no longer interested. He eventually messaged me back yesterday, after 4 days, but he had a fairly legitimate excuse as he was away and his message was lengthy and inquisitive. I don't know if it's harsh for me to not reply/reply bluntly or if I should go ahead and reply as I usually would?

I would as I do that sometimes with friends but I don't mean it I did it to my sister once, maybe he had something on his mind or he was worried about something I would message and ask for a more thoughtful response and see what he says
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
You just said yourself the reason he took ages was legitimate. Why would you then be blunt or ignore him?

Because he was still active on the app, regularly updating his bio..
Because he was still active on the app, regularly updating his bio..

What was his excuse then for not being able to reply to you?
If he had time to update his bio then he had time to at least tell you he was busy.... js
You said he had a legitimate reason for not replying so stop overthinking and playing mind games and reply to the poor guy!
Reply 10
Original post by DrawTheLine
What was his excuse then for not being able to reply to you?

Well he went away for the weekend, which he told me about beforehand, so this was his excuse and that he'd been sleeping/working since but has recovered now. But this still seems a bit slack to me
Reply 11
That excuse so fable ask for a better reason
Well he went away for the weekend, which he told me about beforehand, so this was his excuse and that he'd been sleeping/working since but has recovered now. But this still seems a bit slack to me

To be totally honest, I would probably be a little upset that he had time to be on the app but not time to reply to me, even if just a quick message. Fair enough if he's away for the weekend, but then that would mean if he was so busy he wouldn't have time to be on the app. However I wouldn't ignore him, just simply let him know you're a bit miffed and then get over it and move on. It's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending