The Student Room Group

Nostalgic Depression

I'm turning 18, I think I have nostalgic depression. Get way too emotionally attached to the smallest of things as I don't want things to end. I always look at things from a weird, nostalgic depressing perspective even if it isn't about me. And I fear to feel what I will feel like when I'm in my latter years of my life. Does life go bad after school? I fear I will always reminisce of the good times. Nostalgia doesn't make me feel good. Feeling about the 'good times' makes me want to break down crying, makes me want to just finish it in a sense. The fact that time waits for no one hurts me. I don't want to be depressed and always thinking about the past. Please don't tell me that all the good in my life is finished, as if it all goes bad from here, why even live life anymore?
Reply 1
try your best to live in the present moment - every time you are doing something fun just stop and think to yourself ‘i am enjoying myself right now’ - if you let your past consume you, you will end up hindering your future. if you grab every opportunity now and live life to the fullest you will have no regrets and lead a happy life. there is no way that you can predict the future - don’t waste your time thinking that everything will be bad - it won’t! i promise! no matter how bad everything seems right now, just know that it will get better and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to reach it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending