The Student Room Group

I'm not happy in my life - feeling very low

]#ey never seem to work.) Usually a process of been on and off them.

* I work in a dead-end job, with little prospects, and the stress has taken its toll on me. Im tired of working for employers that are toxic on min wage. (See next point im a grad struggling to find work)

* I graduated in 2016 (with extenuating circumstances), and since summer 2015 I have been searching for work in my field. I've had no joy. I go through cycles of getting interviews, to nothing, and then month goes by without seeing any jobs I am suited too.

* I rarely get past interview. (See first point depression and social anxiety).

* I hate where I live, the culture, environment and quality of life here. Ironically I moved here to be near to the city so I can find better work

* I have debts and so does parrtner, which means we have less money for us and its a struggle.

* I drink everyday almost [to cope] and spend my time indoors when off work, because im anxious, depressed and hate the area.

* I have no social life here [despite been here 2 yrs] because I dont go out and i hate the area, my colleagues, and im anxious.

* I have no money so cant afford to move, and go off on holiday somewhere.

* I have considered going back into private therapy today (with little money I have) because im sick of the nhs letting me down or going on a waiting list.

* Tried to get an appt today at NHS surgery. All appts fully booked, this was after also ringing yesterday and couldnt get through. I have an ear infection and its getting more painful. it was the last straw.

* I feel a bit low and like I dontwant to be here anymore
Reply 1
Thread starter here: sorry beginning of thread was cut out. It was meant to read: I'm unhappy with my life, mostly because of mental health reasons, but other stuff. Thread in here because I wanted to have a moan about my lfie, and get some immediate responses. Although I know it will get moved.
What I would do in your situation:
1) go to the gp and talk to them openly and freely, tell them everything you’ve said on here and see what they recommend
2) go travelling - if this works for your financial situation - it sounds like you need a break
3) surround yourself with positive people, ask yourself who you enjoy being around and spend time with them
4) make a short term plan, where do you want to be in the future and how are you going to get there?
5) give yourself a break, sounds like you’re putting a lot of pressure on yourself

Wishing you all the best :smile:
make a appointment with your GP even if the next slot isn't until a few week. tell them everything you have put down here. they will refer you to individuals who will help you, trust me they will. the GP's job is to listen and to give and outcome that will improve your quality of life.

i would suggest cutting out the drinking. alcohol is a natural depressant (and its also a money burner!).

take a walk once a day with your partner after work. walking and chatting releases endorphins and lowers your stress. really push yourself to do this. even if you go alone. its just time to clear your thoughts.

i wish you well, truly. xxxx
Reply 4
Man I will pray for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending