The Student Room Group

how does student finance work?

when does it get paid, how often? (new to student finance)
Every 3/4 months in 3 installments
do we get one at the start of term? or would I need a job in place when I start uni? thanks for your reply. and does it go off attendance?
Reply 3
Do u have a job?
not yet, but it's guna be pointless getting one were i live right now. Unless I can get a summer temp job. this is because of moving to a different city in Sept
Original post by RepliedJewel
do we get one at the start of term? or would I need a job in place when I start uni? thanks for your reply. and does it go off attendance?

Yes you’ll get one at the start of term so long as you apply on time. One you’ve enrolled, your university will confirm your attendance with student finance and then they’ll release the payments to you over the year.

You’ll get one each term. So 1st would be September, 2nd term you’ll get one in January then your last one will be around April/May
(edited 5 years ago)
Not that my attendance would be a problem at university.

and thanks for the above reply about the loan confirmation, this makes it more clearer.
Reply 7
Not that my attendance would be a problem at university.

and thanks for the above reply about the loan confirmation, this makes it more clearer.

Just so you're clear; the tuition fee loan is paid direct to your university, while the maintenance loan is paid to you.
Original post by Doonesbury
Just so you're clear; the tuition fee loan is paid direct to your university, while the maintenance loan is paid to you.

thanks I know that bit, it tells you when you log in to student finance lol but thanks for the heads up XD

I know for a fact that I am going to have to get a part time job, while at university, its not a bad thing though.
Reply 10
I know for a fact that I am going to have to get a part time job, while at university, its not a bad thing though.

Yes many do that. :yy:
Yes many do that. :yy:

Thanks for your help though appreciated (y)
Reply 12
Thanks for your help though appreciated (y)

No worries :hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending