The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

How lenient are University of Nottingham with offers on results day?

Say I missed my offer by one grade, how likely would it be that I'd still be accepted? I'm looking to study Management (business school)
Unlikely
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Mahel
Say I missed my offer by one grade, how likely would it be that I'd still be accepted? I'm looking to study Management (business school)

It would vary every year based on number of applicants and how many people got the grades needed. If they still had places left then you might get in, but if they fill all the places with people who got or exceeded the requirements you won't get in.
Reply 3
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/economics_entry_statistics#incoming-1082332

I'm just seeing this for economics which wants A*AA and is one of UoN's best degrees (they're 4th for econ in completeuniguide) and yet in 2017, 80 people who missed their offer were still accepted - that's nearly a third of the total enrolment

surely for business it'd mean there's more leniency as it doesnt rank as well and isnt as competitive?
Reply 4
Original post by Mahel
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/economics_entry_statistics#incoming-1082332

I'm just seeing this for economics which wants A*AA and is one of UoN's best degrees (they're 4th for econ in completeuniguide) and yet in 2017, 80 people who missed their offer were still accepted - that's nearly a third of the total enrolment

surely for business it'd mean there's more leniency as it doesnt rank as well and isnt as competitive?

It entirely depends on how every other offer holder also does, but yes a one grade miss is often ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should be fine lots of people get in with a miss of one Grade, however... your ABB is likely already a lowered off (saw on another thread) i know one person who squeezed in with BBB (sports affliation also!)but alot of people got alot higher....I would definitely aim for ABB to be safe.

(Study Management) at U of N.
I've found UoN insanely lenient.
Reply 7
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Should be fine lots of people get in with a miss of one Grade, however... your ABB is likely already a lowered off (saw on another thread) i know one person who squeezed in with BBB (sports affliation also!)but alot of people got alot higher....I would definitely aim for ABB to be safe.

(Study Management) at U of N.

Yeah Management is AAB but I got offered ABB - HOWEVER, I think that's only because my parents didn't go uni and that qualifies me for a contextual offer

Definitely won't get any lower than BBB but there is a slight chance I may get BBB, although ABB is definitely doable
Original post by Mahel
Yeah Management is AAB but I got offered ABB - HOWEVER, I think that's only because my parents didn't go uni and that qualifies me for a contextual offer

Definitely won't get any lower than BBB but there is a slight chance I may get BBB, although ABB is definitely doable

Would really get ABB if i were you... because tbh your chances in clearing for a similar course with BBB will be exceedingly slim.
Original post by lordringo
I've found UoN insanely lenient.

Management tends to be oversubscribed....rememeber there are 272 places.. they HAVE to take who gets their offer.
Reply 10
fyi i've made a freedom of information request for management and will share the response when i receive it
Original post by Mahel
fyi i've made a freedom of information request for management and will share the response when i receive it

I would be super interested in that! do message me when you get it if you can remember!

However, even though management is lower ranked doesnt mean there isnt demand for it, theres tons of people who hate maths but want to do business..

And alot of people who miss economics offers get offered a place in something called industrial economics...

However since management (is at the bottom of the food chain) there wont be any other offer made if its full!

You would be looking at an insurance choice.
Reply 12
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I would be super interested in that! do message me when you get it if you can remember!

However, even though management is lower ranked doesnt mean there isnt demand for it, theres tons of people who hate maths but want to do business..

And alot of people who miss economics offers get offered a place in something called industrial economics...

However since management (is at the bottom of the food chain) there wont be any other offer made if its full!

You would be looking at an insurance choice.

yeah i have a friend who has an ABB offer for industrial economics and that's also taught by the business school rather than the economics school

i did ask for stats on industrial econ too in my FOI request
Reply 13
Here's the link to the Freedom of Information request https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_were_the_lowest_set_of_a_le
Original post by Mahel
yeah i have a friend who has an ABB offer for industrial economics and that's also taught by the business school rather than the economics school

i did ask for stats on industrial econ too in my FOI request

Yea, though honestly industrial economics is literally the same... except everything is taught in an applied business way, which gives me little insight into why its supposedly less valued... lol

Most likely as an economist you will be working in a business context surely? the mysteries of life...
Reply 15
Original post by Mahel
Here's the link to the Freedom of Information request https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_were_the_lowest_set_of_a_le

You can see the UCAS tariff profile of accepted students on Unistats
https://m.unistats.ac.uk/subjects/entry/10007154FT-N200/ReturnTo/

Note some applicants will have a 4th AS-level or EPQ (and other qualifications) counting towards their total.

ABB is 128 points, so at least 5% have below that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending