The Student Room Group

Am i eligible for maintenance loan?

Hi,
I’m a EU student, who is now finishing first year at uni. Last year I have attempted to get maintenance loan, as I have lived at UK for the past five years at a boarding school. However I have missed the five year mark by a few days from my arrival to the uk. Since then a year has passed, will I be granted maintenance loan for next year?
Original post by zof.mor
Hi,
I’m a EU student, who is now finishing first year at uni. Last year I have attempted to get maintenance loan, as I have lived at UK for the past five years at a boarding school. However I have missed the five year mark by a few days from my arrival to the uk. Since then a year has passed, will I be granted maintenance loan for next year?

It has to be 5 years before the start of the course.
Original post by zof.mor
Hi,

Pretty sure its has to be 5 years for reasons other than education. E.g. parents were working here or you were working here.
Original post by zof.mor
Hi,

Hi zof.mor,

Unfortunately you would need to have met the five year residency requirements, before the first day, of the first academic year of your course.

Regards Rona
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi zof.mor,

Unfortunately you would need to have met the five year residency requirements, before the first day, of the first academic year of your course.

Regards Rona

Seems abit harsh if it's only a couple of days- can you make an exception?
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
Seems abit harsh if it's only a couple of days- can you make an exception?

If they make an exception for you, they'd have to do the same for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending