The Student Room Group

Is 4'10 (148cm) too small for a 17 year old boy?

Hey!
So yep, I'm 4'10. At school im way shorter than everyone so i feel really bad. Ive never had a girlfriend and I doubt I will as I'm so small. Every girl wants a guy at least a foot taller than me.

So am I just too short? Have I got a chance of getting a girl? I'm worried about leaving school as I won't be around year 7s and 8s anymore so I'll just be way shorter than everyone
**** what they say bro. I'm tall and I've always wanted to be short. Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer on this earth and he did not give a **** about anyone telling him he is short and you shouldn't either.
Adopt the tunnel vision. Look forward and go for what you want and don't let things like your height stop you at any point. Ignore those who speak BS and tell you that you can't do anything only because of your height and for goodness sake you aren't even that short bro...
Reply 3
Original post by Dragon5555
**** what they say bro. I'm tall and I've always wanted to be short. Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer on this earth and he did not give a **** about anyone telling him he is short and you shouldn't either.

He's more than half a foot taller than me though. 5'7 wouldn't be too bad but 4'10 is ridiculously small
Original post by Anonymous
He's more than half a foot taller than me though. 5'7 wouldn't be too bad but 4'10 is ridiculously small

Sure but you have time to grow as you are young.
Reply 5
Original post by Dragon5555
Sure but you have time to grow as you are young.

Nah I'm done growing
Nah, you're not too small. We all come in different shapes and sizes.
I've got a friend who is smaller than you, and he has the same problem.

The one thing I'll say is this. If you want general tips for getting girls, be confident. You see a girl you like? You go right up to her and tell her because she might like you too. Imagine a girl who you know sits across you in class, and you think she's alright and you get along and chat a little. She might like you, but is worried what people with think and that you might say no because you think she's ugly and so on. You've got the same fears, she might think your small or so on. So you both just sit there content being friends. This is why people who want a relationship don't find one. It's simple and it happens so much that it's a shame.

One thing is for certain. If you're ever told your too short by a woman and that's why they wont go out with you, then thank god. You dodged a real bullet there.

Honestly, I might as well have a template for people who are worried about their looks. Everyone is worried about their looks, even the men who've had 100 partners have their own insecurities.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
So yep, I'm 4'10. At school im way shorter than everyone so i feel really bad. Ive never had a girlfriend and I doubt I will as I'm so small. Every girl wants a guy at least a foot taller than me.

So am I just too short? Have I got a chance of getting a girl? I'm worried about leaving school as I won't be around year 7s and 8s anymore so I'll just be way shorter than everyone

just saying, but your height will not affect whether or not you get a gf
personally I don't care if hes short, its personality that matters so don't worry x :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending