The Student Room Group

Will he ever ask me out or is he just playing?

Long post sorry, serious opinions only

So I met this guy a few months ago and instantly fell for him. We had the same friends so we became good friends and he started messaging me daily (we've been each others no. 1 best friend on snapchat for over a month) there hasn't been a day where we haven't spoke and a couple of weeks ago we went to the cinema together. He told me alot about himself and I told him alot about me but we both kept it clear we were just friends.

Recently though that changed and he told me that he was falling for me and we kissed, I thought it would be different after that but it isn't. We flirt alot, he's always saying nice things to me, being really kind to me in general and he got really jealous when another guy asked me out so he's obviously into me (I've had past relationships but I'm a virgin and he knows that and also knows and respects I won't have sex with him note:he hasn't asked). So he gives me all these signs and yet he still hasn't asked me out, and when I pushed slightly he said he just needed to sort out some **** in his life but wouldn't go into anymore detail than that. We act like a couple and yet he doesn't seem to want a relationship and it confuses me, I trust him (he's not a bad person and he got out of a relationship 5 months ago) but I don't know if I'm just wasting my time here. I also asked him was he aiming for friends with benefits and he said no he would have told me if he was so I just really don't know what to think.

I might wait a couple more months and then move on but I need someone else's opinion on this because I'm clueless.
Thanks for reading
Reply 1
Why don't you ask him out? That's something girls are allowed to do you know. At least you need to find out where you both stand, asking him is the best way to find out.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Why don't you ask him out? That's something girls are allowed to do you know. At least you need to find out where you both stand, asking him is the best way to find out.

We have talked about it but he's just said he's not ready for a relationship yet (doesn't say that now he just says he needs to sort stuff out if I ask) because he needs to sort out his s hit first. I don't want to be pushy if he has something he wants to sort out first and I'm a bit shy too so I would rather wait until he's comfortable?
Reply 3
I agree ask the guy out. I asked my boyfriend out after we had a lot of dates and basically became a couple before we got together and now we've been together over a year. He might see it like you're already his girlfriend so you can also ask to make it offical and clear your thoughts.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
We have talked about it but he's just said he's not ready for a relationship yet (doesn't say that now he just says he needs to sort stuff out if I ask) because he needs to sort out his s hit first.

How long ago was that?
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
How long ago was that?

I'd say about a month ago, he just says now he needs to sort some stuff out and he just likes to be 100% sure.
In my experience it's usually not a good sign. A kind of similar thing happened tome, I went on two dates with a guy a few months ago and then he said he had **** to deal with first. We were still kind of texting each other on and off and then we met up twice last week and he seems to be drifting away again, and even though he acts like he wants a relationship when we're together in person, he becomes really distant via text so I don't know where I stand with him.

Idk I'd say talk to him again and if he says the same thing, then he's probably wasting your time (tbh there might be another girl involved, which is why he's keeping you close but not too close).
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
In my experience it's usually not a good sign. A kind of similar thing happened tome, I went on two dates with a guy a few months ago and then he said he had **** to deal with first. We were still kind of texting each other on and off and then we met up twice last week and he seems to be drifting away again, and even though he acts like he wants a relationship when we're together in person, he becomes really distant via text so I don't know where I stand with him.

Idk I'd say talk to him again and if he says the same thing, then he's probably wasting your time (tbh there might be another girl involved, which is why he's keeping you close but not too close).

Yeah you're kinda saying the same thing as my mum when I've talked to her about it. And it's kinda like your situation but almost opposite because we text constantly and he does sweet things like stay up till 3 texting me while I do my coursework, but then when we're together in person at college although he still makes the effort to be close he won't do anything overly affectionate that make people question if we're together or anything. (we're also in the same friend group)

And I agree with another girl bit maybe, because he always emphasises that even though he does have stuff to sort out that I'm the only girl he talks to like this and that (part of his nickname I gave him has hoe in it which is why he said this) he's only a hoe for me and **** like that.
So yeah like you I don't know where I stand.
I hope you can get it sorted out with you and this guy too btw, I wish you the best xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending