The Student Room Group

Does he like me or is he simply being a good friend?

This question is driving me insane! I don't know what to think anymore but I also don't want to jump to any conclusions, I just don't want to be played 😔
So I've known my best friend for a couple of years now, from the very beginning he showed interest in me but we brushed it off beause it wasn't exactly actual love we were just in a situationship, being close with eachother just because we could kinda thing.
After we talked about it we lost touch and just moved on with our lives. Fast forward, 2 years later we began talking again, and things are different this time which have me more confused than ever! 😤😤
I noticed he changed into a more respectful man, knowing the boundaries of a friendship unlike back then and respecting my personal space which I appreciate but he does some things that have me so confused about if he feels something else. I've noticed how he looks at me when we talk or hang out, it's a different kind of stare than how he used to look at me when we would talk back then, like he doesn't want to take his eyes off mine but not in a creepy or weird way, he also always has this genuine smile when we hang out, he compliments me and every outfit I wear, appreciates things I do without thinking, like asking about his day, he also gets me gifts or little details of things he knows I like, my interests have also began to influence him, making him begin to like some of the things that I like, also took the time to learn some activities with me like cooking and dancing, he helped me plan and organize some events like for my parent's anniversary, like damn how can any girl NOT start to feel something after all that effort 🥺...it's just so many things that lead me to believe he likes me but at the same time, I feel like he is just being a good friend to me, the times his friends have mocked him about us he looks annoyed and just gets serious, and the times I have tried to flirt with him he just laughs it off or thinks I'm being sarcastic. Being confused about it is driving me crazy but I'm scared if I ask him directly I might ruin the friendship.
Original post by Anonymous #1
This question is driving me insane! I don't know what to think anymore but I also don't want to jump to any conclusions, I just don't want to be played 😔
So I've known my best friend for a couple of years now, from the very beginning he showed interest in me but we brushed it off beause it wasn't exactly actual love we were just in a situationship, being close with eachother just because we could kinda thing.
After we talked about it we lost touch and just moved on with our lives. Fast forward, 2 years later we began talking again, and things are different this time which have me more confused than ever! 😤😤
I noticed he changed into a more respectful man, knowing the boundaries of a friendship unlike back then and respecting my personal space which I appreciate but he does some things that have me so confused about if he feels something else. I've noticed how he looks at me when we talk or hang out, it's a different kind of stare than how he used to look at me when we would talk back then, like he doesn't want to take his eyes off mine but not in a creepy or weird way, he also always has this genuine smile when we hang out, he compliments me and every outfit I wear, appreciates things I do without thinking, like asking about his day, he also gets me gifts or little details of things he knows I like, my interests have also began to influence him, making him begin to like some of the things that I like, also took the time to learn some activities with me like cooking and dancing, he helped me plan and organize some events like for my parent's anniversary, like damn how can any girl NOT start to feel something after all that effort 🥺...it's just so many things that lead me to believe he likes me but at the same time, I feel like he is just being a good friend to me, the times his friends have mocked him about us he looks annoyed and just gets serious, and the times I have tried to flirt with him he just laughs it off or thinks I'm being sarcastic. Being confused about it is driving me crazy but I'm scared if I ask him directly I might ruin the friendship.

i think u should go for it, he sounds like a nice guy
i had a crush on my best friend - when i confessed she didnt feel the same way about me then; but that didnt end our friendship. many months later i noticed how she looked at me and teased me a lot. i always complimented her, started to become interested in the things she liked or making my time free just to be with her. she told me about how she felt and we are togethor now.
the reason why he may be annoyed about his friends mocking u and him might be because he'd be embarrased around his friends? idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending