The Student Room Group

Converted to Islam. - AMA

I am just amazed on how I used to be a ignorant atheist and how 1 talk with a Muslim Street Pastor can change my life.

Yes, I have said my Shahdah and I will try my best to fast (never used to it).

I am also planning to go pilgrimage in Mecca, I am also learning how to become Muhadeeth (muslims will know what that mean).

I feel so blessed coming into this religion. Thank you.

If you have any questions, please ask me them and I will love to answer them!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EverythingChina
I am just amazed on how I used to be a ignorant atheist and how 1 talk with a Muslim Street Pastor can change my life.

Yes, I have said my Shahdah and I will try my best to fast (never used to it).

I am also planning to go pilgrimage in Mecca, I am also learning how to become Muhadeeth (muslims will know what that mean).

I feel so blessed coming into this religion. Thank you.

If you have any questions, please ask me them and I will love to answer them!

Salam,

Wow! I'm so ecstatic to hear that you have joined Islam, Ma shaa Allah! May Allah reward you, if you have any queries or questions then feel free to ask me. In shaa Allah I hope you will be fasting this Ramadan and reaping the full benefits, giving your soul a spiritiual boost and getting closer to the Almighty. I'm just so, so happy for you. Welcome to our beautiful religion and Ramadan Mubarak :smile:
What encouraged you to convert to Islam?

Are you male or female? If female, do you look forward to living a restricted life in comparison to when you were an atheist? Of course, it's more restricted whether you're M/F to previously but it's more so as a female.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
What encouraged you to convert to Islam?

Are you male or female? If female, do you look forward to living a restricted life in comparison to when you were an atheist? Of course, it's more restricted whether you're M/F to previously but it's more so as a female.

I am a male, that is what I used to think that Islam is nothing more than propaganda used in the 7th century used to oppress people but obviously that was wrong until I researched further and the street pastor's help.
Mashallah, you have made the right choice brother, may allah bless you in this life and the next.
Original post by dannygunner786
Salam,

Wow! I'm so ecstatic to hear that you have joined Islam, Ma shaa Allah! May Allah reward you, if you have any queries or questions then feel free to ask me. In shaa Allah I hope you will be fasting this Ramadan and reaping the full benefits, giving your soul a spiritiual boost and getting closer to the Almighty. I'm just so, so happy for you. Welcome to our beautiful religion and Ramadan Mubarak :smile:

Thank you, I am now taking arabic class to learn the absolutely mind blowing language of the Qur'an. Whenever I see it I start to cry because my heart starts to tremble just by looking at it.
Original post by ibbyk2001
Mashallah, you have made the right choice brother, may allah bless you in this life and the next.

Thank you so much, May Allah have peace and blessings upon all of us.
Thank you so much, May Allah have peace and blessings upon all of us.

ameen
Do you think it is right to kill people who dont pray to a god or a prophet?
Original post by f_spanish
Do you think it is right to kill people who dont pray to a god or a prophet?

Weird question but no.
i'm so happy for you! salaam new fellow muslim, i hope any ignorant comments don't bother you. it's personally amazing to see people who were once so sure there was no such thing as God to be able to finally identify with religion. idk if this has already been asked but what was the overall talk with the muslim street pastor about?

also if you'd like easy access to quick lectures and info about islam you should defo check out yt channels such as mercifulservant, theprophetspath, loveallah328, thedailyreminder, etc. they are very informative and very simple to understand as well.

may you have a blessed ramadan insha'allah!!
Original post by Kian Stevens
Have you got any reasoning as to why/how atheists are ignorant? Or is it because we don't want to believe in sky fairies that have no evidence for existence?

I could say you're ignorant too, for listening to a single street pastor and then converting to arguably the worst religion mankind has ever seen. I mean, I tremble at religion myself, especially the ones which oppress women, call homosexuality a sin and agree with harming other people if they're not Muslim themselves - this is all taught in the Qur'an you tremble at mate.

I'm just waiting for the deluded Muslims to come and say how the things I've said above aren't true...

It wasn't a 1 day procedure, it took me many months to realize the fact that this world meant more than it is. It isn't a simply YOLO. It's much more than that and I can clearly see God's creation within that.

As for your points:

In most developing Muslim countries, people have misconceptions about Islam and the Quran.

Religion is misconstrued and the practices are changed. Religion is practiced, not to grow closer to God, but to look religious in the eyes of family, friends, neighbors and the community; because, religiosity is usually associated with good character and respect. Rather than using religion as a way of life, people pick and choose to follow what they desire from religion. This allows them to mix their cultural practices along the way and calling their ignorant actions the “Will of God.”

And futhermore,
“Whoever looks after two girls till they reach maturity, he (Prophet Muhammad) and I will enter paradise together like these two fingers (the index and middle fingers).” (Muslim and At-Tirmidhi)
Under Islamic law, women are awarded custody of their children without having to prove anything to the courts.
A daughter receives half the share of inheritance compared to her brothers because men are given the responsibility of using their inheritance to look after the women in their lives while women can spend their inheritance however they want and are not obligated to look after their families financially.

Last but not least,

The oppression of woman has nothing to do with its religion.

To propose that God made men superior to women is a man-made ideology that only sexist men would make and then blame on religion.
Have you got any reasoning as to why/how atheists are ignorant? Or is it because we don't want to believe in sky fairies that have no evidence for existence?

I could say you're ignorant too, for listening to a single street pastor and then converting to arguably the worst religion mankind has ever seen. I mean, I tremble at religion myself... Especially the ones which oppress women, call homosexuality a sin and agree with harming other people if they're not Muslim themselves - this is all taught in the Qur'an you tremble at mate.

I'm just waiting for the deluded Muslims to come and say how the things I've said above aren't true...

okay, Im here Islam doesnt opress women otherwise women wouldnt be seen as equal. My personal belief about homosexuality is let them express themselves they can like who they want and about 50% of my friends arent Muslim and I would never harm them. Also Im a Muslim

I could say you're ignorant too, for listening to a single street pastor and then converting to arguably the worst religion mankind has ever seen. .

wow that's a bit harsh and hyperbolic and as for oppression of women that's more of a cultural thing than a religion thing tbh bc Islam has given women quite a lot of rights, it's just that they're often overlooked and people aren't as educated about them.
Original post by blessmyseoul
i'm so happy for you! salaam new fellow muslim, i hope any ignorant comments don't bother you. it's personally amazing to see people who were once so sure there was no such thing as God to be able to finally identify with religion. idk if this has already been asked but what was the overall talk with the muslim street pastor about?

also if you'd like easy access to quick lectures and info about islam you should defo check out yt channels such as mercifulservant, theprophetspath, loveallah328, thedailyreminder, etc. they are very informative and very simple to understand as well.

may you have a blessed ramadan insha'allah!!

Thank you so much, May God bless you and have peace upon you!
The talk consists on:
-Evolution
-Probability
-Islam
-Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad
-Christanity
-Christanity contradictions.

The Christanity part were the questions that I asked.

Thank you so much again.
Can you explain to me why you decided to convert to Islam as opposed to converting to Christianity, Judaism or any other religion.

I’m always a bit confused when people convert to a specific religion. Why that one? What’s special about Islam.

I’m Muslim myself so I don’t have any ill will to you. But I was just wondering what goes through the mind of a convert. I mean Islam is similar to the other Abrahamic faiths and arguably the most strict religion out of the three.

I’m just wondering what the street preacher could have possibly said to make you convert instantly. Or was it a longer journey to your conversion.

I hope that better understanding conversions will help me bring people to Islam.

Also what kind of research did you do on Islam. And did you just research Islam and none of the other faiths.

Thanks in advance and good luck on your journey.
Reply 16
Thank you, I am now taking arabic class to learn the absolutely mind blowing language of the Qur'an. Whenever I see it I start to cry because my heart starts to tremble just by looking at it.

This sounds like a very bad troll
Huh, I'd've thought you'd go for Buddhism
Wow, congratulations for becoming muslim.

As soon as I saw this, I knew there would be someone here to insult islam.
Kian Stevens, what caused you to hate religion and islam specifically as a whole?
I can assume that you are not going to accept any arguments to challenge your opinion.... but :

Skyfairies is an interesting way to put it... and I assume you don't believe in angels because you cannot see them...which I actually understand somewhat?
But just because you cannot see something it does not mean that it is not real... e.g. air, EM waves, Dark matter - all scientific discoveries which noone can see. In the past, there was no evidence of EM waves or other things we cannot see. Does that mean that you should not believe in them. Humans are already aware that their vision is extremely limited compared to the rest of the EM spectrum. Why is it then so difficult to accept that angels exist beyond our vision and senses.
God has said that angels exist and so as muslims we accept that. That does not mean we believe in all sorts of other things from movies.

What makes islam the worst religion in existence (arguably)? Interested to know.

Well, I would also disagree with religions that oppress women too, fortunately Islam is under that category.
Homosexuality has been a debate for ages now, but God says it is a sin... and you find a lot of people agreeing with that because 'it is not natural'. And I do agree, but that does not mean you show absolute hatred to them. You still be kind to them. You be friends and help them with all the problems they face.

Contrary to the common belief, Muslims are not meant to kill other muslims for not being muslim. Don't fabricate something up because some muslims do something. Some Athiests are murderers and rapists, do you want me to represent all athiests as rapists?

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/207/viewall/tolerance-of-prophet-towards-other-religions/

Islam is actually more tolerant to other religions that religions such as Christianity used to be. (The Crusades...).
DO YOUR RESEARCH MATE:biggrin::biggrin:
You may have looked at biased articles on how muslims oppress woman 'force them to cook all day and clean the house', but that is entirely based off culture. Asian culture is a classic example. Indians, Pakistani, etc... it is wrong... I don't agree with it.
I think YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN!!!! Just because muslims don't agree with your point of view... does not mean we are 'deluded', we could quite confidently say the same about you. But I think you are mistaken, not deluded, simply mistaken. In my opinion, Atheists are thoughtful people, Atheists can be great people... but it seems as if some of them have a hatred to Muslims and members of all faiths.
I feel like a sheikh now!!!:u:
I hope you do not take offence from what I said (typed).

I am open to challenge... and if you have any questions... anyone... I would be interested to answer...even if I do not know the answer - I will research! I find certain debates like these quite fun... and I'm sitting my RS exam today.
Original post by Sataris
Huh, I'd've thought you'd go for Buddhism

Buddhism is entirely based on the concept of karma and re-incarnation which I found quite non-believing. I believe it is God who decides your future just like he did with mine.

Quick Reply

Latest