The Student Room Group

Taking to a girls on TSR but she gone

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notoriety
It is not ad hominem because the traditional life, which you aspire to lead, is central to my argument that no form of life is superior to any other in the sense of enjoyment and pureness. You think courting someone like a 18th century gentleman is superior to chatting to some lass online, and I am firmly saying you are wrong. Peeking at your life and motivations, what you're suggesting people should follow, shows the hypocrisy of your statement.

It's not about superiority, but reason. You cannot reason that the choice between messaging on TSR and chatting to somebody at some group meeting doesn't differ beneficially.

If you want to cite to Kierkegaard's philosophy, I'll do it for you.

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you
will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either
way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it,
you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over
it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe
her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do
not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t
hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or
do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the
essence of all philosophy."

While he's probably right, this idea that either choice has the same result is wrong. There are different results to aspirations. Regret is just a constant reminder of what we could have done differently.

Original post by Notoriety

I am a lot higher up the enlightened and intellectual ladder than you will ever be, let me tell you that. You are just parroting what is conventional, whereas I am actively dismantling it. Your reasoning is derivative and therefore passive. Mine is original and therefore beautiful.

I get it, you watch Rick and Morty.
Original post by DeLegend27
u still want the subway?

ramadhan now - you gonna have to wait another 26 days smh
Original post by IcelandicSkies
Well I don’t know who you are or why it would be me anon haha, maybe because I used to get hit on by tons of guys on here

I can't imagine why.
Original post by Anonymous
Was talking to this girl on TSR who was intelligent, funny , witty she was brilliant.

But then she went suddenly I don't know if put her off but it was brilliant talking to her

it was right after I asked if she wanted to talk on something else

what's the verdict

She didn’t feel comfortable I guess sharing personal information.
Original post by Joel 96
It's not about superiority, but reason. You cannot reason that the choice between messaging on TSR and chatting to somebody at some group meeting doesn't differ beneficially.

If you want to cite to Kierkegaard's philosophy, I'll do it for you.

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you
will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either
way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it,
you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over
it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe
her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do
not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t
hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or
do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the
essence of all philosophy."

While he's probably right, this idea that either choice has the same result is wrong. There are different results to aspirations. Regret is just a constant reminder of what we could have done differently.

I get it, you watch Rick and Morty.

Did they teach you about Kierkegaard at Portsmouth? Rick and Morty I can believe.
Original post by Anonymous
Was talking to this girl on TSR who was intelligent, funny , witty she was brilliant.

But then she went suddenly I don't know if put her off but it was brilliant talking to her

it was right after I asked if she wanted to talk on something else

what's the verdict
It's just girls to be honest. Sometimes they'll go quiet because you mentioned "something else", sometimes they'll simply lose interest- or they'll turn out to have had another motive altogether.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending