The Student Room Group

OMG idk what to do he's asked me out again?!

This guy who is graduating this year, I have two more years left (4 year course).. he has asked me out on a date numerous times. Recently, he said I am attractive but not his type then a week later he asks me out again. When I brought it up he said I thought of giving us a chance :smile:. Then I said okay maybe then he started calling me sweetheart and giving red hearts and i told him to stop then he said he does that with girls he has a crush on.

What I do not understand is he was in a relationship for 3 months which they broke up like a week ago (the day we both met again)...

I do not find him attractive, I am not even into him, do u think I should go on the date anyways? It would be my first ever date?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
This guy who is graduating this year, I have two more years left (4 year course).. he has asked me out on a date numerous times. Recently, he said I am attractive but not his type then a week later he asks me out again. When I brought it up he said I thought of giving us a chance :smile:. Then I said okay maybe then he started calling me sweetheart and giving red hearts and i told him to stop then he said he does that with girls he has a crush on.

What I do not understand is he was in a relationship for 3 months which they broke up like a week ago (the day we both met again)...

I do not find him attractive, I am not even into him, do u think I should go on the date anyways? It would be my first ever date?
If you're not interested in him, you shouldn't be thinking about going on a date with him.

Don't experiment on someone, thats kinda harsh
Reply 3
Original post by haxhacks
Don't experiment on someone, thats kinda harsh

I am not I made it clear to him but he still wants to go out

Original post by Tootles
If you're not interested in him, you shouldn't be thinking about going on a date with him.

You think so?? but what if we do eventually have a connection? The thing is I like to become really close friends with the person before I date
I am not close with this dude
If you're not attracted, do not. Do not 'reward' his persistence then get him hurt. He would probably rather not be hurt, and also needs to learn that persistence for girls who blatantly aren't interested isn't worth his time. Please kill the two birds with one stone here.
Reply 5
You think so?? but what if we do eventually have a connection? The thing is I like to become really close friends with the person before I date
He's asked you out loads of times, basically knowing that if he asks you enough times you'll give in. That's not cool. He's been wearing you down, and guaranteeing that you'll be thinking about him more often, possibly in the knowledge that if you think about him more often, you'll be more likely to start feeling attracted to him at some point or another.
Reply 6
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If you're not attracted, do not. Do not 'reward' his persistence then get him hurt. He would probably rather not be hurt, and also needs to learn that persistence for girls who blatantly aren't interested isn't worth his time. Please kill the two birds with one stone here.

I will do that in a minute :smile:) Thank u :smile:)
I will say it is better we get to know each other as friends
You think so?? but what if we do eventually have a connection?

Well...

that's not going to happen love, is it?

tell him the truth don´t lead him into thinking hes got a chance cuz id hate if someone did that to me
Reply 9

He messaged saying My name I like everything about you... and then I gave the thumbs up then he started saying stuff like
u said blah blah guys are into u I was like yeah?
Yes you should go on the date.

There's no legal, moral nor ethical duty for any first date to ever become more than 2 people going on a date together.

Even if you "know" up front it won't lead anywhere, he gets the pleasure of a day or evening out with you and you get the pleasure of an evening or day out with him.

It would be good for your personal development, to confirm to you that dates are no big deal.

And don't tell him that you don't find him attractive. That's too negative. Keep your negative and critical thoughts to yourself. You never know, over time you might find him attractive. Keep an open mind. Stay positive.
I am not I made it clear to him but he still wants to go out

Then let him know you'd like to go out AS FRIENDS, make sure you specify that.
This sounds like someone I could possibly know lol it's sometimes difficult to find the right way to turn someone down. But its important to let him know that you're not interested in him

Why would you go on a date with someone you are not even into?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending