The Student Room Group

What do you think?

Isn't it interesting how a lot of girls turn bi or lesbian when they're put in an all girls school. Maybe we shouldn't have an all boys or all girls school so this stops happening.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Isn't it interesting how a lot of girls turn bi or lesbian when they're put in an all girls school. Maybe we shouldn't have an all boys or all girls school so this stops happening.

What is so wrong with being bi or lez that we should stop single sex schools?
nah I've been a lesbian all my life and I've always gone to a mixed school, it's not gonna stop us being gay taking away all girls schools, not that it should be a problem even if it did 'turn' people gay
Funnily enough, I believe that it's the other way round actually. If you were a guy who went to an all boys school and you never had the chance to talk to or go out with girls, wouldn't you be more inclined to become straight? I know I would. Anybody else?
I don't know, I don't think single sex school influence their student's sexuality. But who knows, maybe?
Reply 5
Yeah I go to an all-girls school and I see ittt
You seem to be suggesting that fancying your own gender is bad or a problem?

I certainly am not in favour of private schools or single gender/religion/culture schools.

Why would people fancy their own gender - because it's normal.

Why, might there be a larger propensity in a single sex school, because people fancy those they have contact too - I wonder too, without looking at the literature, if sexuality/identiy is significantly formed at such an age.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
My point exactly, people are attracted to those they are in contact with. If all you see is girls or all you see is dudes, then maybe we should stop having same sex institutions.
Hmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending