The Student Room Group

He's awkward around girls

I really like this boy and he's been an alright friend for ages.
A few weeks ago he asked me to the prom and I was thrilled.
However, although I know he's into me, he's so askward around girls and very inexperienced. I, on the other hand, am pretty experienced and have quite high expectations. He never makes the effort to do anything and I feel like an idiot everytime I try something. He gets embarrassed so easily and I'm starting to lose interest even though I don't want to... I mean, we haven't even kissed yet! It's not as if he doesn't want to, sometimes he tries but it ends up an awkard peck. It feels like he's stuck in Year 7 or something, seriously.
What should I do?
Grab him and lay a big wet smackeroo on him!
Reply 2
just go for it yourself. start doing it and if he doesnt follow on then tell him what to do
does he drink? I'm not a very touchy feely person or whatever but I loosen up a bit when I'm drunk
Reply 4
Anonymous
I really like this boy and he's been an alright friend for ages.
A few weeks ago he asked me to the prom and I was thrilled.
However, although I know he's into me, he's so askward around girls and very inexperienced. I, on the other hand, am pretty experienced and have quite high expectations. He never makes the effort to do anything and I feel like an idiot everytime I try something. He gets embarrassed so easily and I'm starting to lose interest even though I don't want to... I mean, we haven't even kissed yet! It's not as if he doesn't want to, sometimes he tries but it ends up an awkard peck. It feels like he's stuck in Year 7 or something, seriously.
What should I do?

Give the lad a break, live and learn and all that.

* You see guys, this is why we should all be bastard players
Tbh, I wouldn't stick around.
The worst imaginable thing to him at the moment is you rejecting him for a kiss or something.

Take the gentle lead and guide, and nurture.

It's all patience. He'll probably turn out to be one of those really sweet guys once he feels more confident. :smile:
Reply 7
Pounce him.
Reply 8
britishseapower
does he drink? I'm not a very touchy feely person or whatever but I loosen up a bit when I'm drunk

ahh, don't we all :smile:
Just take the lead! I'm sure if you initiate things hes not going to turn you down.
I'm sure once hes got past the first kiss stage he will get more confident, hes probably just amazingly nervous.

Not being intrested in someone because they are abit shy and awkward is rediculous! You'll probably find he comes out of his shell in a week or too and you will wonder why you worried about it.
Reply 10
If you're the 'experienced' one then take the lead. Don't just loose interest in him because he's shy. Poor guy.
OMG! Sound exactly like me and my ex! Just be as honest as possible and tell him exactly how you feel!! I'm sure he'll be dynamite in bed!
Reply 12
dh00001
then tell him what to do

Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't embarrass him. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Maybe you should just go for a more experienced boys.
Thats how I like em :]
WTF? there are some b*****s on here. give the guy a chance, he will loosen up
Next time he tries to do an awkward peck on the cheek kind of thing, turn your head around to face him, and lay one on him. It might embarrass him a little bit, but this way he will know that you aren't about to freak out every time he leans in for a hug lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending