The Student Room Group

Iman's Journey to A*AA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Toastiekid
Good luck! You’ve got a really interesting mix of subjects, can’t wait to see how it goes:woo:

Thank you so much!!!❤️
OMG. I'm planning on doing Business or economics for A level. Can you guys offer me crucial advice on which is essential and i can carry on with it at uni, Please! thank you!!!
Reply 22
Original post by MydaMina
OMG. I'm planning on doing Business or economics for A level. Can you guys offer me crucial advice on which is essential and i can carry on with it at uni, Please! thank you!!!

Hiii,
I’m self teaching myself AS business but I can still help, any idea of what you want to study for University ?
Original post by ImanJama
Hiii,
I’m self teaching myself AS business but I can still help, any idea of what you want to study for University ?

Hello, thanks for the reply!
Im planning on doing a business bachelors degree or in economics, but the sixth form I'm going to only offer economics as they consider Business as BTEC. I would love to do both, and then progress on Uni, to then getting an MBS But I'm stuck, so any advice?
Thank you so much!!!❤️

:hugs: no problem!
What’s your favourite subject?
Reply 25
Original post by Toastiekid
:hugs: no problem!
What’s your favourite subject?

My favourite subject is sociology with maths very close behind. I have always loved maths but sociology is really interesting because I learn about the world I live in and inequalities in it so much more. How about you do you go to college/sixth form?
Reply 26
Original post by MydaMina
Hello, thanks for the reply!
Im planning on doing a business bachelors degree or in economics, but the sixth form I'm going to only offer economics as they consider Business as BTEC. I would love to do both, and then progress on Uni, to then getting an MBS But I'm stuck, so any advice?

It’s completing fine, happy to help!
If you chose to do economics at university I advise you don’t take both together as some universities I’ve looked at for economics don’t like both economics and business together in your combination of alevels. If you want to study economics at university I think economics would be advantageous however it isn’t necessary whereas maths is. If you are not looking to do maths at alevel then I think business is a strong subject to take on if you then chose business at university.
Hope I’ve been helpful !❤️
My favourite subject is sociology with maths very close behind. I have always loved maths but sociology is really interesting because I learn about the world I live in and inequalities in it so much more. How about you do you go to college/sixth form?

that sounds great:thumbsup:
I’ve got GCSEs at the moment:grumble: but my favourite subject is definitely maths (though exams have put me off most of my subjects:sadnod:)
Reply 28
Hiya guys,
I haven’t updated in 2 days, I haven’t been working as much as I should have, tried to enjoy my last two days until school starts. But today school started and I’m now officially in year13 and I’m not mentally ready I still feel like a baby 😂😂
However, now that school has started I can work harder between my frees and after school. Today I applied to be head student 😭 I really hope I get it and I’ll keep you guys posted on it.
I’m not 100% yet but I think I got access to UpLearn Maths !! Which is really exciting, I’ve been worrying a lot about my maths grade because I did not do as good.
I’ll talk to you tomorrow bye 💖
Reply 29
Hi guys,
So today I had double maths at school learnt about partial fractions and repeated fractions and what not. In my first free session I went over my maths work and in my other free I completed some business. When I went home I completed some Uplearn (which I've been able to access yay):h: .
I was planning to do more but these last few days of fasting and school combined have been draining me, Ramadan is over on thursday and i am kind of sad its coming to an end. I did take a nice pic of my work at school but my TSR app hasn't been letting me log in.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing some work early and completing half my uplearn goal, going to school and completing half my business and also starting to get ahead with sociology year13. When I go home, I will be then able to finish my Uplearn goal, complete all questions for my first chap of maths year2, finish my business.
Until tomorrow ,
Peace out Iman
Reply 30
Find me a student/one of these journeys where the student isn't taking a math/science course... zzzz
Reply 31
Original post by Dazeo
Find me a student/one of these journeys where the student isn't taking a math/science course... zzzz

You would probably find one if you go on the grow my grades forum haha
Reply 32
Hellooo,
Today I was pretty productive I completed some of my business work, started my Uplearn Journey and hit my daily goal and went through some maths questions from what I learnt at school which I have a topic test on next week. I am stressing so much about my maths grade, I know I did not do well at all in the exams especially paper 2, and its been really affecting me because I need to pass :frown:
Tomorrow I am planning on starting sociology crime and deviance finally and on the weekend going through what I learnt during the week for sociology.
Until then,
Bye:smile:
Reply 33
Hellooo,
Today I was pretty productive I completed some of my business work, started my Uplearn Journey and hit my daily goal and went through some maths questions from what I learnt at school which I have a topic test on next week. I am stressing so much about my maths grade, I know I did not do well at all in the exams especially paper 2, and its been really affecting me because I need to pass :frown:
Tomorrow I am planning on starting sociology crime and deviance finally and on the weekend going through what I learnt during the week for sociology.
Until then,
Bye:smile:

Hiiiiii guys,
So long time no talk eh:frown:
Well in about the month I have been gone Ramadan finished, Eid came about, I started school again, stopped being friends with my 'best friend', have been rejected to about every job I have applied to haha, I can't believe its already been a month and I am about to start my summer break.
The days honestly started to fly bye and started jumbling together.
I will be honest and say I have not been productive at all!!
I feel like I had been lacking motivation (hence why I am back), I hardly sleep at night so I am sluggish throughout the whole day and I feel myself falling asleep at school and on the weekends I make sure I wake up as late as possible. You might be wondering why don't I just sleep early then but at night my brain kind of goes crazy and I go into this state of self-hatred and I go into really really bad panic attacks so I avoid this by making sure I only sleep to the point my eyes close on its own and I can't keep them open. Throughout this year I feel as though my character has changed, I have become so much more negative and view everything negatively. But nevertheless I promised myself all would change and I am back for that reason. Now talking about my academics
With regards to my self teaching of Business, I have created a brand new plan. I will definitely try not to dwell on the time that has passed because I have always had an issue on latching on to passed time and then wasting some more haha:biggrin: I have about 10 weeks before I sit my informal exam with my Business teacher
My plan is as follows:
18 July - 23 July : Unit 2
24 July - 30 July: Unit 3
31 July - 5 August: Unit 4
6 August - 12 August: Unit 5
13 August - 15 August : Unit 6
BREAK BETWEEN RESULTS DAY
19 August - 21 August: Unit 6
22 August - 27 August : Unit 1 + 2
28 August - 2 September: Unit 3+4
3 September - 8 September : Unit 5 + 6
So units last 6 or 7 days depending on the unit,
Essentially I will be going over a Unit four times not including first time learning as at each week I will be also going over the previous topic creating mindmaps
I will be getting a tutor as soon as I get a job to pay them as I would be feel very guilty taking money off my mum.

In regards to UpLearn I have been keeping up to date with it and my chart predicts me to finish mid August

I will be starting A2 Sociology as soon the books arrive at school

Tomorrow :
I plan to finish two pages of Business, complete daily UpLearn. I don't think I would be able to get anymore done considering the time I am writing this haha but I do want to start to adjust my very corrupt sleeping pattern so any ideas are welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice is appreciated
Iman
Iman
Reply 34
Hi guys,
So today I completed my daily business as per usual and my UpLearn. I have however chosen to stop this thread because summer is approaching and I will be travelling ( while completing my AS). So see you in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending