The Student Room Group

All of my closest friends are girls

I think it’s always been easier for me to make friends with girls rather that guys.
I notice though that that’s usually what gay people do.
Sometimes I think it might look like I’m gay if I’m hanging around with lots of girls.

I have lots of guy friends as well but I’m not as close to them as I am the girls. Two of my closest friends are girls.

I try to hang around just girls as little as possible. I ideally sit and chat with guys and am friends with a lot of people.
Although I’m not really that comfortable in social situations and tend to be awkward in big groups.
So, whenever I get invited to go out with a group I always end up just staying near the person I’m closest with in the group which is usually a girl.

Also the only people I have long conversations with on social media (snapchat) are girls.
The majority of my best friends on snap chat are girls.
I barely talk to guys on social media except when I’m on group chats.
And even then I tend not to talk on groupchats

Is this weird?
Am I right that it’s usually gay people that just hang out with girls
Nothing wrong with being a girls girl. When you see a group of lads hanging out together do you think it looks gay? No.
It’s quite normal.
Original post by Anonymous
Nothing wrong with being a girls girl. When you see a group of lads hanging out together do you think it looks gay? No.
It’s quite normal.

99% sure the OP is a dude

And don't worry OP I'm the same
I'm the same but with guys xx
Original post by AndrewSCO
99% sure the OP is a dude

And don't worry OP I'm the same

Oh yeah lol fair that makes more sense then. I think it’s fine to have more female friends than boys. Just looks like women like to be around you which is a good thing. One of my mate’s two best friends are both girls. Even went on holiday together as a three. Good to have a balance though otherwise it makes people think why don’t boys like hanging around with you?
Original post by Feebzie5
I'm the same but with guys xx

it's a match
Reply 6
That's really sweet and you being friends with girls mostly is not werid or bad because in the end if the day its their personalities that attracts you and we ALL do this as well when making friends subconsciously what would be strange is if you only wanted to be friends with girls and not boys purposely so keep being you.
Original post by AndrewSCO
it's a match

And funnily enough people always think I'm lesbian or f**king one of my guy mates... It's just not the case. Don't worry hun. Guys and girls can be mates without it being anything more xxxxx
And u don't have to force yourself to be someone your not by hanging out with girls as little as possible and boys more.
I don't think it's weird at all, it all just depends on who you connect with and who you feel comfortable around. I had almost all of my most meaningful and deep talks with girls in high school, largely because females are simply more open emotionally and don't worry about people judging them for it. I did spend a lot of my time in high school (and a chunk of college) worrying about what other guys thought of me, my social status, etc., and I regret now not being more comfortable hanging out with the people I connected with. Down the road, it's really not going to matter what outside watchers thought of you or whether someone might have thought you could possibly be gay. I would encourage you to keep being with those who stimulate you and those you connect with. I certainly don't think you're weird or that I would perceive you as gay if I saw you. I'd probably be jealous that you're connecting with so many ladies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending