The Student Room Group

How do I forget about a girl?

We've been acquaintances for a long period... usually hang out in the same group of friends and we've been knowing each others for years. Only lately, I realized how much i like her as a person. I was really afraid about confessing my feelings to her and, in fact, she found another guy and they're actually dating.

I'm almost 21 yo and I've never had a relationship, so it hurts when someone close to me tells me about what it feels like to be in a relationship. i just want to forget about her, but i noticed i always associate people to places and songs, so every time I go out and see the places we usually go to, it feels terrible. I want to forget about her but it's so difficult.

This attachment also influences my view of other girls... of course i see more beutiful girls every day, but she's simply unique and i can't find anyone like her
Reply 1
So, it’s about being practical and realistic. There is not just one adorable girl, there are in fact many. And if someone is not available to you, for whatever reason, no matter how much you want things to be different, it’s not usually going to happen. Just be satisfied with this girl as a friend and look for someone who is enthusiastic about a romantic relationship. Sometimes easier said than done but it does work
Reply 2
I felt this way about my ex for a while after breaking up. My advice is just try and go about your day as you would, maybe try spending more time with your friends or going outside for walks and stuff. Spending more time with hobbies and friends eventually you'll have a day where you realise you haven't thought about her not once yet, and thats when you know you can move on. I know it seems tough but you can do it 💪💪💪🔥🔥
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
We've been acquaintances for a long period... usually hang out in the same group of friends and we've been knowing each others for years. Only lately, I realized how much i like her as a person. I was really afraid about confessing my feelings to her and, in fact, she found another guy and they're actually dating.

I'm almost 21 yo and I've never had a relationship, so it hurts when someone close to me tells me about what it feels like to be in a relationship. i just want to forget about her, but i noticed i always associate people to places and songs, so every time I go out and see the places we usually go to, it feels terrible. I want to forget about her but it's so difficult.

This attachment also influences my view of other girls... of course i see more beutiful girls every day, but she's simply unique and i can't find anyone like her

If you want to contract memory loss you can run into a metal pole . But you will gradually forget about this girl if you keep yourself busy and focus on your hobbies and goals .

Good luck
-appleonly
Reply 4
Original post by renrdr
I felt this way about my ex for a while after breaking up. My advice is just try and go about your day as you would, maybe try spending more time with your friends or going outside for walks and stuff. Spending more time with hobbies and friends eventually you'll have a day where you realise you haven't thought about her not once yet, and thats when you know you can move on. I know it seems tough but you can do it 💪💪💪🔥🔥

hello, thanks for your comment!

To be fair, she’s into my close friends’ group, and she’s also one of the closest ones. It just hurts to see her with another guy, knowing one day she won’t be as available as she is now. On Wednesday, we’ll be going at the gym together… but i know it won’t last forever. And that’s the same for my other friends.

So, we’ll keep hanging out together. It’ll hopefully help me see her as a friend. I’d love to follow your advice but they’re my only friends and we don’t hang out that much. When we hang out (i mean the whole group), i feel so good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending