The Student Room Group

religion!

i’ve always been curious on religion and how others perceive it. i’m not religious myself but it still really interests me. i just want to know others options on it and as i’m studying re for gcse; want to understand other religions more and faith, etc🤗
Reply 1
I am not religious but I do believe in god and after life and etc
I'm not religious either, but my view on religion is that anyone can believe if they want, i just think that some religions need to be modernised, to accept some of the new things that are beginning to appear more frequently, to which certain religions refuse to accept
Reply 3
Prepare to be Da'wah'd by the future radical Incels of England.
Original post by m005eman
I'm not religious either, but my view on religion is that anyone can believe if they want, i just think that some religions need to be modernised, to accept some of the new things that are beginning to appear more frequently, to which certain religions refuse to accept

yes exactly! i hate it when i will see others use religion as a way to spread hate- being against the lgbtq+ community, etc.
i personally struggle to have such deep faith in a god/religion. still, religion is so interesting because there are so many; i love when i see people being respectful to someone else’s religion instead of criticising them- people should believe what they want to believe.
Original post by Zaspo
I am not religious but I do believe in god and after life and etc

Doesn't belief in the existence of a God make you just a little bit 'religious', even if you don't undertake any worship?
My views on religion are summed up quite neatly by Paul Dirac at one of the Solvay Conferences:
...The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions...

Religion is merely something people devote their lives to, simply because they're afraid and unsure of of the unknown; they don't know how they were born, they don't know what life choices they should make, they don't know how to be moral, and they don't know how they'll die. Hence they turn to a superficial, high power being, in order to have 'answers', guidance and morals.

However, what even is life if you deem it's necessary to have faith in a being you've never encountered, simply because you don't know how to live life by yourself?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I love it, it's great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending