The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography - Getting in with lower grades

I was just wondering if there are any first year radiography students that got onto the course with lower a-level grades? My a level exams aren’t going too well so I was just wondering if people can still get in with grades below the offer? Thank you.
Original post by esmithxx
I was just wondering if there are any first year radiography students that got onto the course with lower a-level grades? My a level exams aren’t going too well so I was just wondering if people can still get in with grades below the offer? Thank you.

It does happen occasionally but is rare and not something you should rely on. The minimum entry requirements exist so that the university has an assurance that you can cope with the scientific elements of the course. They are often reluctant to take on students with lower grades as they want people who will succeed on the degree. It also depends on the other applicants and whether they met their offers.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte's Web
It does happen occasionally but is rare and not something you should rely on. The minimum entry requirements exist so that the university has an assurance that you can cope with the scientific elements of the course. They are often reluctant to take on students with lower grades as they want people who will succeed on the degree. It also depends on the other applicants and whether they met their offers.

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the grades are there for a reason to make sure students can cope on the course. Maybe I will have to find a university with lower requirements through clearing if all doesn’t go to plan.

Quick Reply

Latest