Starting uni a virgin, odd?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
TheDepressedOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You’re a virgin? You’ll feel right at home here on TSR then.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
Which uni you going to?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's pretty common, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not a big deal, LOTS of virgins at uni. A lot do lose it there though. virgins do get comments dont get me wrong, esp when it comes to guys, but i have found its less picking on virgins and making being virgin seen as bad, as its thrown as an insult. But yeah no big deal; no ones gonna hate on your if you are one, and if they do ... you gotta question why and why its any of their buisness.

when i went to uni i would say maybe 20-30% of my friends from my home city were not virgins; at the age of 18/19 and at uni i would say in halls + my house, 50% were virgins. ( you have to remember at uni, a lot of guys go out, on the pull, like every week or day, so numbers are higher; but being a virgin isnt unusual at all, in some cases its pretty common )

and honestly being a girl it means even less...
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was, and I found my boyfriend of three and a half years there Nothing to worry about, just don’t feel pressured and do things when it feels right.
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rimstone)
not a big deal, LOTS of virgins at uni. A lot do lose it there though. virgins do get comments dont get me wrong, esp when it comes to guys, but i have found its less picking on virgins and making being virgin seen as bad, as its thrown as an insult. But yeah no big deal; no ones gonna hate on your if you are one, and if they do ... you gotta question why and why its any of their buisness.
op is clearly a girl
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymous)
how common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either i’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but i’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because i would if i had found someone but i just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
i've been reported again what the actual f.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Don’t worry! I should be starting uni this year too and also a virgin.
If you arent ready to lose it or haven’t found the right guy, don’t feel pressured. Tbh no one will know unless you tell them
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by johnny.snow)
op is clearly a girl
yeah i know, im trying to say virginity isnt something youll get picked on at UNI, and if you do i find its more on the male side. even then no one picks on a virgin for being a virgin, cos at the end of the day thats stupid, if your around people who do ... your around the wrong people tbh, eitherway ive never seen it, in my 2 years at uni.
Razz13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
there was a thread before about a girl who was pregnant at 14 and thought sex was normal for her age. it's all relative though lol
Decipher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which uni you going to?
Damn people thirsty AF lol
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd say 50+% start uni as virgins... it does't come up in any exams though so don't worry about it.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which uni you going to?
This mofoker trying it
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself
If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.
She doesnt need you to tell her that she should have already had sex
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.
Learn to take a joke😐😐 Geez you must be fun at parties
sir3n
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its a lot more common than you might think, and nothing to worry about. Just try to focus on enjoying yourself, the experience and meeting new people. It'll happen eventually.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself
Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think, I think that Rainfall was not being serious....
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter
Jimmy Saville?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads