Turn on thread page Beta

Starting uni a virgin, odd? watch

How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You’re a virgin? You’ll feel right at home here on TSR then.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
    Which uni you going to?

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty common, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    not a big deal, LOTS of virgins at uni. A lot do lose it there though. virgins do get comments dont get me wrong, esp when it comes to guys, but i have found its less picking on virgins and making being virgin seen as bad, as its thrown as an insult. But yeah no big deal; no ones gonna hate on your if you are one, and if they do ... you gotta question why and why its any of their buisness.

when i went to uni i would say maybe 20-30% of my friends from my home city were not virgins; at the age of 18/19 and at uni i would say in halls + my house, 50% were virgins. ( you have to remember at uni, a lot of guys go out, on the pull, like every week or day, so numbers are higher; but being a virgin isnt unusual at all, in some cases its pretty common )

and honestly being a girl it means even less...

ReputationRep:
    I was, and I found my boyfriend of three and a half years there Nothing to worry about, just don’t feel pressured and do things when it feels right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    not a big deal, LOTS of virgins at uni. A lot do lose it there though. virgins do get comments dont get me wrong, esp when it comes to guys, but i have found its less picking on virgins and making being virgin seen as bad, as its thrown as an insult. But yeah no big deal; no ones gonna hate on your if you are one, and if they do ... you gotta question why and why its any of their buisness.
    op is clearly a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    how common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either i’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but i’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because i would if i had found someone but i just never have 🤷🏼*♀️
    i've been reported again what the actual f.

Don’t worry! I should be starting uni this year too and also a virgin.
    If you arent ready to lose it or haven’t found the right guy, don’t feel pressured. Tbh no one will know unless you tell them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    op is clearly a girl
    yeah i know, im trying to say virginity isnt something youll get picked on at UNI, and if you do i find its more on the male side. even then no one picks on a virgin for being a virgin, cos at the end of the day thats stupid, if your around people who do ... your around the wrong people tbh, eitherway ive never seen it, in my 2 years at uni.

ReputationRep:
    there was a thread before about a girl who was pregnant at 14 and thought sex was normal for her age. it's all relative though lol

ReputationRep:
    Which uni you going to?
    Damn people thirsty AF lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 50+% start uni as virgins... it does't come up in any exams though so don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Which uni you going to?
    This mofoker trying it

(Original post by Rainfall)
    hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself
    If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
    For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
    And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
    But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
    People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.
    She doesnt need you to tell her that she should have already had sex

ReputationRep:
    If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
    For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
    And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
    But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
    People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.
    Learn to take a joke😐😐 Geez you must be fun at parties

ReputationRep:
    Its a lot more common than you might think, and nothing to worry about. Just try to focus on enjoying yourself, the experience and meeting new people. It'll happen eventually.

(Original post by Rainfall)
    hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself
    Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter

ReputationRep:
    I think, I think that Rainfall was not being serious....

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter
    Jimmy Saville?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.