The Student Room Group

How to get diahoreaa?

I’m having a nightmare with IBS and in the last 6 weeks and I’ve been to the toilet 4 times.

I’ve tried coffee, fruit, veg, lots of water, bran flakes, baked beans, prunes, cranberry juice, spicey curry etc

I’m exaggerating a little bit, I don’t exactly want full on diahoreaa but I can’t cope any longer I feel like I just need to be flushed out

HELP! X
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Drink a lot of amaretto or vodka and - really important - don't eat between drinking it and going to bed.

The next day will be wonderful.
Have you thought about using an enema? I don't know if enemas are used in the management of IBS or if they are appropriate for it. But if you need to be flushed out then that's the way to go instead of eating loads of crap that could lead to weight gain and further sickness.
Original post by Alexnicklen96
Have you thought about using an enema? I don't know if enemas are used in the management of IBS or appropriate for it. But if you need to be flushed out then that's the way to go instead of eating loads of crap that could lead to weight gain and further sickness.

I’ve never heard of this I’ve just googled it and it seems like a medical procedure? I’m looking for a natural way to flush myself out just as a one off to relieve my discomfort
laxatives

if you've got any eyedrops in the house squirt some of that into a drink, its a natural laxative.
Original post by Anonymous
Drink a lot of amaretto or vodka and - really important - don't eat between drinking it and going to bed.

I’ve thought of this, I know you are right but I was hoping for something a little more gentle.
Reply 6
If this is not exaggerated you should go to your GP for further investigations. Any number of things could be happening, some are potentially life threatening.
Original post by Sadieleigh95
I’m having a nightmare with IBS and in the last 6 weeks and I’ve been to the toilet 4 times.

I’ve tried coffee, fruit, veg, lots of water, bran flakes, baked beans, prunes, cranberry juice, spicey curry etc

I’m exaggerating a little bit, I don’t exactly want full on diahoreaa but I can’t cope any longer I feel like I just need to be flushed out

HELP! X

At fist I was worried this post was going to be about anorexia. But, you can get medicines to soften your stools or possibly even have an enema.
Original post by Anonymous

Not a good idea, do NOT do this
I’ve never heard of this I’ve just googled it and it seems like a medical procedure? I’m looking for a natural way to flush myself out just as a one off to relieve my discomfort

Hmm enemas are not really a medical procedure as such. You can use natural things like coffee but even legitimate pharmaceutical versions like phosphate enemas are available over-the-counter without a prescription. As someone under me has posted, you probably want to go and see a GP.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
If this is not exaggerated you should go to your GP for further investigations. Any number of things could be happening, some are potentially life threatening.

Like what? I was thinking of going to the walk in centre tomorrow but I’m scared I will get laughed at and sent away
Original post by Luke5125
Not a good idea, do NOT do this

I’m not going to. I want to try and gently flush myself out using food , I don’t want to make myself ill!
Turmeric and Ginger, with cocoa and honey in a drink!
Like what? I was thinking of going to the walk in centre tomorrow but I’m scared I will get laughed at and sent away

Well if you're severely impacted then it can cause necrosis of tissue. You can also poo out of your mouth too. So. Yep. You're gonna have to get this seen to and I highly doubt that it'll be dealt with in a "natural" way.

It might not get to the level of necrosis or fecal vomiting (or other more severe issues), but if you're being straight legit about only going 4 times in six weeks, you're probably still gonna be severely backed up.
i really do hope u get better. wish u all the best. if ur telling the truth and want a bit of comfort dont hesitate to pm me
Tell bossman Aziz at the kebab shop to go mad with the chilli sauce.
Yup.
Original post by Pathway
Well if you're severely impacted then it can cause necrosis of tissue. You can also poo out of your mouth too. So. Yep. You're gonna have to get this seen to and I highly doubt that it'll be dealt with in a "natural" way.

It might not get to the level of necrosis or fecal vomiting (or other more severe issues), but if you're being straight legit about only going 4 times in six weeks, you're probably still gonna be severely backed up.

Poo out of my mouth? You have no idea how close I am to phoning 999
Poo out of my mouth? You have no idea how close I am to phoning 999

Lol, it's unlikely to happen. But if you don't get help from your GP ASAP and you're being completely honest about your lack of bowel movements in the last 6 weeks, that's the kinda stuff that can happen. You did ask for what could happen. :P

Seriously, just ask for a GP appointment, if you can't get in soon, go to your local walk-in, they can advise you on what to do as well.

Take care.
Original post by Pathway
Lol, it's unlikely to happen. But if you don't get help from your GP ASAP and you're being completely honest about your lack of bowel movements in the last 6 weeks, that's the kinda stuff that can happen. You did ask for what could happen. :P

Seriously, just ask for a GP appointment, if you can't get in soon, go to your local walk-in, they can advise you on what to do as well.

Take care.

I’ll be a bit more specific.

In the last 6 weeks I’ve gone from 1 toilet trip per day to roughly 1 toilet trip twice a week. Every day I constantly feel the urge to go to the loo and sometimes I feel really desperate as if it’s going to be the runs. But every time I get to the loo, either nothing happens or it’s a tiny rabbit dropping.

So in the last 6 weeks I’ve had roughly 4 normal toilet trips and then roughly 2-3 times per week I’ve been having tiny bowel movements.

I have zero stomach pains but my stomach is visibly swollen and I constantly feel full and bloated and uncomfortable.

I’ve actually just been to Tesco at 3am and bought some Senokot natural constipation tablets. It says take 2 before bed so I took 2 about half an hour ago. It says it takes 8-12 hours to work

What do you think? Wouldn’t I have severe stomach aches if I had an impacted stool or anything really serious?

If these tablets make me go to the loo should I still book a GP appointment?

I cantbelieve I’m writing stuff like this online but honestly I’m past embarrassment now I just feel so swollen and uncomfortable
Ivejust been to Tesco and got Senokot constipation natural relief tablets. I’ve taken 2 as recomended and it says they take 8-12 hours to work. There’s 20 in the packet so I’m assuming I should take 2 every night until the packet runs out?

Should I still see my GP? I don’t want to waste his time because I haven’t had any stomach pains other than feeling swollen and bloated

Quick Reply

Latest