The Student Room Group

i dont want to go to my insurance choice uni anymore

I have a conditional firm choice and insurance choice. If i do not get into my firm choice, i do not want to go to my insurance choice uni. On results day is it possible for my insurance to release me into clearing?
Reply 1
If you ask them to then yes this should be possible. I would highly suggest calling UCAS now though to see if they can help in any way.
Original post by Xlj
I have a conditional firm choice and insurance choice. If i do not get into my firm choice, i do not want to go to my insurance choice uni. On results day is it possible for my insurance to release me into clearing?

If you made your decision about your firm and insurance within the last 14 days you can change this by contacting UCAS.

You can call your insurance choice on results day and ask to be released into clearing. Check to see what sort of timescale there is for this as it can take some time as universities are often not in a rush to assist applicants who no longer want to attend.
Original post by Xlj

If you call your insurance choice now and call UCAS you may be able to withdraw entirely from your insurance choice. Up to the 19th July UCAS could process this as a "change of Mind" so you would no longer have an insurance.

Ideally you need to discuss this with your insurance before results day, on results day you will be a low priority for the uni and it could take you days to be released.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending