The Student Room Group

Going down on a girl

She asked me to twice the last time we were having sex. I just didn't do anything and carried on.

I Want to and I don't think it's me being selfish, happy to finger etc. I just don't want my mouth down there, it's just a natural feeling idk how to put it without sounding like a ****

Is it normal?
(girls) would you be annoyed if I didn't want too?
What can I say that won't kill the mood, and relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Well no you don’t have to do anything you’re not comfortable with, however on the other hand I hope you’re not expecting the same
you are going down the elevator

and there was a girl where the elevator went (bottom)

you went down on a girl

good luck explaining that to the police
Original post by Anonymous
Well no you don’t have to do anything you’re not comfortable with, however on the other hand I hope you’re not expecting the same

I've always thought going down on a girl and a boy aren't really equivalent to each other. A penis is an external organ, while the vagina is internal.
It's not something that everyone feels comfortable doing, which is fine.

You could always get a dental dam, which covers it while you give oral sex, if that would make you feel more able to do it. Over time you may then decide that you can try without. Would it help to suggest showering together so you can be absolutely sure she's completely clean, maybe, if that's what's worrying you?

I had an ex who wouldn't even try it, and my partner now loves doing it, so there really is a mix of attitudes towards it. Tell her how you feel though - don't just keep ignoring it.
Just tell her that. Politely say that you’d rather not, there’s no need for you to do something you’re not comfortable with.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It's not something that everyone feels comfortable doing, which is fine.

You could always get a dental dam, which covers it while you give oral sex, if that would make you feel more able to do it. Over time you may then decide that you can try without. Would it help to suggest showering together so you can be absolutely sure she's completely clean, maybe, if that's what's worrying you?

I had an ex who wouldn't even try it, and my partner now loves doing it, so there really is a mix of attitudes towards it. Tell her how you feel though - don't just keep ignoring it.

Id upvote this if it’d let me, Ive already rated one of your posts recently! :smile:
Seriously you can’t espect a girl to go down on you but not you on her. Doesn’t matter on the facts or what you think it isn’t fair. I wouldn’t do it if he didn’t for me. And plus, it would be a massive turn off if your that weird in bed. Sex would be very boring , what about other things? Me and my partner love to be adventurous , licking everywhere. Up to you if you want to just have plain boring sex, and be lucky if you meet someone just as boring. But if I slept with someone like that, I certainly wouldn’t want to again!!
She asked me to twice the last time we were having sex. I just didn't do anything and carried on.

I Want to and I don't think it's me being selfish, happy to finger etc. I just don't want my mouth down there, it's just a natural feeling idk how to put it without sounding like a ****

Is it normal?

Obviously you shouldn't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with, but personally I would be a little annoyed, especially if I had gone down on you or you had asked me to do so... If she's specifically asked you to do it then I think you should talk to her about it before having sex again - that way she knows what to expect if she decides to have sex with you again.
Reply 9
Selfish hypocrite, but seemingly a normal mindset.

You're missing out. It's great.
I'd expect it to probably kill your sex life if/when you bring it up tbh, you're happy using her bits to get yourself off? Sure you have the right to say you don't want to do something that makes you comfortable, but she has the right to instantly end the intimacy because you claim to be grossed out by her body.
I'd never expect my partner to do anything they're not comfortable with BUT it would be a massive turn off if they didn't want to go down on me and would probably cause issues in the relationship. Being sexually compatible is a huge part of a relationship.

Is it normal?
It's not as gross as you think it is. Try doing it, and let her guide you as to what she likes. You might even enjoy doing it.
Tbh, you're missing out big time (I'm bi). Though I also wouldn't have sex with someone who didn't like going down on me.

Anyway, I guess don't do anything you're not comfortable with but maybe examine what puts you off it? Or try it at least once? You can shower together if it's cleanliness and you can ask her how she likes it if it is fear of not having good technique
Seriously you can’t espect a girl to go down on you but not you on her. Doesn’t matter on the facts or what you think it isn’t fair. I wouldn’t do it if he didn’t for me. And plus, it would be a massive turn off if your that weird in bed. Sex would be very boring , what about other things? Me and my partner love to be adventurous , licking everywhere. Up to you if you want to just have plain boring sex, and be lucky if you meet someone just as boring. But if I slept with someone like that, I certainly wouldn’t want to again!!

Seriously? So you wouldn't sleep with them because of that minor thing?
Thats shocking .
I've always thought going down on a girl and a boy aren't really equivalent to each other. A penis is an external organ, while the vagina is internal.

Yes, however when giving oral sex to a girl you focus on the exterior not the interior so there’s not really any different

the clitoris is external for the most part however
Original post by TheJammyFox
Thats shocking .

I am surprised too

When she asked again I said no and she was annoyed but nothing has really changed other than her making the odd annoyed joke about it - we've continued as normal otherwise.

I want to do anything to please her and would do anything else, here it is just something in my head that finds the my tongue & mouth being in an area of that texture, feeling, taste, smell - I mean I can't even have the fats and chewy bits of meat lmao
I am surprised too

When she asked again I said no and she was annoyed but nothing has really changed other than her making the odd annoyed joke about it - we've continued as normal otherwise.

I want to do anything to please her and would do anything else, here it is just something in my head that finds the my tongue & mouth being in an area of that texture, feeling, taste, smell - I mean I can't even have the fats and chewy bits of meat lmao

Tbf, based on that it's better off that you don't do it; you clearly haven't got a ****ing clue what you're doing - you're saving her from misery.
Original post by TheJammyFox
Thats shocking .

I find people being squeamish over genitals a huge turn off - would you like a lady staring gingerly at your **** and not want to put her mouth on it? and you say minor thing, but in my experience they're less adventurous in bed and less able to please me and aren't as good as they think they are in bed.
I value my sexual life so yeah, I would find it quite a major incompatibility not a minor thing. Other women might not mind or not care for oral or care less about good sex, but for me it is important and I don't think I'm not missing out by not sleeping with men who can't even go down on a girl xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending