The Student Room Group

EPQ (Extended Project Qualification)

Is China a good topic to do for EPQ? (I haven't decided on a title yet)
Original post by Kasia_Kuczaj

It really depends what your title will be and what you are actually interested in doing your EPQ on. It's very hard to advise at this point as 'China' isn't really enough information.
Original post by Kasia_Kuczaj

Depends what aspect of China you want to focus on. There's a variety of social issues that you could potentially research-the influence of the education system on mental health, pollution (predominantly noise and air), rural urban migration, the rural urban divide, differences in educational provision (rural schools are notoriously underfunded)

You could also look at language in relation to cultural identity (China's massive and pretty much every province has its own language, as well as all the minorities having their own language and culture), identity across the Chinese diaspora, things like that.

"China" on its own isn't really a title. You need to focus on a certain aspect of China for it to be viable
Original post by super_kawaii
Depends what aspect of China you want to focus on. There's a variety of social issues that you could potentially research-the influence of the education system on mental health, pollution (predominantly noise and air), rural urban migration, the rural urban divide, differences in educational provision (rural schools are notoriously underfunded)

You could also look at language in relation to cultural identity (China's massive and pretty much every province has its own language, as well as all the minorities having their own language and culture), identity across the Chinese diaspora, things like that.

"China" on its own isn't really a title. You need to focus on a certain aspect of China for it to be viable

Some of these ideas are absolutely perfect! I knew I wanted my topic to be something to do with China as I'm going on a Chinese exchange in October, However i was struggling on what exactly to do it on. I like the idea of the influence of their education system and I can find out more on that as i will go to a Chinese school for a few days. Now i just need to decide which format to do it in, i'm thinking either a dissertation or an artefact (eg scrapbook)

Thanks for the help!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Charlotte's Web
It really depends what your title will be and what you are actually interested in doing your EPQ on. It's very hard to advise at this point as 'China' isn't really enough information.

I've been given some ideas and I'm thinking of doing it on either Chinese education or Chinese childhood and do they influence their future

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending