The Student Room Group

Transferwise account for PG loan application

Hello there,
I'm trying to complete the application for my postgraduate loan as a EU student and I'm finding it tricky and time consuming to open a british bank account from abroad. So I just opened a transferwise account, that gives me bank details I can share with student finance, at least for the moment, to get my application assessed before the start of the term.
Is it a bad idea? Is it going to affect the result of my application?
Thanks
Vittorio
Original post by vittorio4
Hello there,
I'm trying to complete the application for my postgraduate loan as a EU student and I'm finding it tricky and time consuming to open a british bank account from abroad. So I just opened a transferwise account, that gives me bank details I can share with student finance, at least for the moment, to get my application assessed before the start of the term.
Is it a bad idea? Is it going to affect the result of my application?
Thanks
Vittorio

Hi,

You'll need to open a UK bank account once you arrive in the UK. Using a digital banking alternative could delay your payments.

Regards, Aisha.
Reply 2
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi,

You'll need to open a UK bank account once you arrive in the UK. Using a digital banking alternative could delay your payments.

Regards, Aisha.

Yes that was my plan indeed. But at least I can get my application evaluated in the meantime, right?

Thank you!
Original post by vittorio4
Yes that was my plan indeed. But at least I can get my application evaluated in the meantime, right?

Thank you!

That's right, we would recommend you remove the digital bank details you've provided from your application as this can cause a delay with your payments.

Regards, Aisha.
Reply 4
Original post by Aisha SFE
That's right, we would recommend you remove the digital bank details you've provided from your application as this can cause a delay with your payments.

Regards, Aisha.

I will do so, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending