The Student Room Group

Period Cramp: Help!

Every month when its nearing, I just want to die, although after it ended I feel like I'm in heaven. I noticed a lot of thread in this forum relating to period cramps and I swear every month I came here looking for comfort, knowing I'm not the only one suffering.
Here's the thing, I've been to the doctors, and he said what I'm having is normal; normal period etc. No issues, and the only thing he can do to help me is prescribe NSAIDs, like Naproxen Sodium and Diclofenac, which isn't helping me.
I want to get this over with, it has cause me to missed several important events like exams or class.
From what I've heard, Fish Oil (Omega 3) and vitamin B12 helps reduce the cramp, if taken daily. I've only started, don't know if its going to help or not, and if there is any ladies out there that has any experience in these, please give me some advice!
Ladies that are suffering too can come here and share their feelings, its just sooooo hard being a woman T.T
The joys of womanhood!
Try evening primrose oil. I’m told it works wonders.
get a second opinion, sounds like there might be something going on that your doctor hasn't picked up on, also if you can try going on the pill, no period=no pain
Original post by silencespeaks
The joys of womanhood!
Try evening primrose oil. I’m told it works wonders.

I hate it but have to deal with it… Its especially hard to deal with when you are alone and no one is there to comfort you 😞
It is packed with Omega-6 if I'm not wrong, I heard if you only have Omega-6 without balancing it with 3 it will cause inflammation…
Original post by Frowlands
get a second opinion, sounds like there might be something going on that your doctor hasn't picked up on, also if you can try going on the pill, no period=no pain

I'm thinking of going to the Gynacologist (is that what they are called?)
Does going on pills work? Doesn't sound like a permanent solution, like if you drop the pills one day the lian moght hit you 3 times aint it?
Original post by SS.FlyingFish
I'm thinking of going to the Gynacologist (is that what they are called?)
Does going on pills work? Doesn't sound like a permanent solution, like if you drop the pills one day the lian moght hit you 3 times aint it?

Yeah, a gynecologist might be able to help better.
I dunno but I do know people with endometriosis who are on the pill to help with the pain
Original post by SS.FlyingFish
Every month when its nearing, I just want to die, although after it ended I feel like I'm in heaven. I noticed a lot of thread in this forum relating to period cramps and I swear every month I came here looking for comfort, knowing I'm not the only one suffering.
Here's the thing, I've been to the doctors, and he said what I'm having is normal; normal period etc. No issues, and the only thing he can do to help me is prescribe NSAIDs, like Naproxen Sodium and Diclofenac, which isn't helping me.
I want to get this over with, it has cause me to missed several important events like exams or class.
From what I've heard, Fish Oil (Omega 3) and vitamin B12 helps reduce the cramp, if taken daily. I've only started, don't know if its going to help or not, and if there is any ladies out there that has any experience in these, please give me some advice!
Ladies that are suffering too can come here and share their feelings, its just sooooo hard being a woman T.T

Try the pill. I went on it for cramps so severe I was vomiting and fainting for the first 2 days of my period. The pill has changed all of that. Now my cramps are mild and go away with paracetamol. Absolutely changed my life.
I suggest as others have stated to see a Gynecologist who would be able to give you more in-depth information than a regular doctor I would think. I am a gymnast and have a pretty intense training schedule and my periods can’t get in the way of that. I agree ask the Gynecologist about the pill option.

Quick Reply

Latest