The Student Room Group

Confusion about sexuality. Lesbian?

Hi,

I’m a very excepting person and am open minde. I’ve always supported the LGBT community. I cannot stand others making comments about anyone’s sexuality-it’s something that really gets to me.

Yet I cannot figure out my own sexuality.

I know someone who is a lesbian and I thinks she’s a great person. I like her being around.

My favourite teacher is a lesbian and I’m her favourite student too. This teacher is quite masculine in the way she dresses. Is this a common lesbian trait? (One being masculine and other feminine?)

Random question but do ALL lesbians sleep in the same bed/kiss in public?

If everyone in my family/culture are straight- does that make me straight too?

Figuring out my sexuality is really confusing me! On top of that I’m concerned about Alevel Results day!
I’m 18. And a girl.

Any help/advice would be great!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I’m a very excepting person and am open minde. I’ve always supported the LGBT community. I cannot stand others making comments about anyone’s sexuality-it’s something that really gets to me.

Yet I cannot figure out my own sexuality.

I know someone who is a lesbian and I thinks she’s a great person. I like her being around.

My favourite teacher is a lesbian and I’m her favourite student too. This teacher is quite masculine in the way she dresses. Is this a common lesbian trait? (One being masculine and other feminine?)

Random question but do ALL lesbians sleep in the same bed/kiss in public?

If everyone in my family/culture are straight- does that make me straight too?

Figuring out my sexuality is really confusing me! On top of that I’m concerned about Alevel Results day!
I’m 18. And a girl.

Any help/advice would be great!

Do all lesbians sleep in in the same bed?
Doubtful - not all couples sleep in the same bed at various stages of a relationship (the start or later stages or...)

Do all lesbians kiss in public?
Not necessarily.

If everyone you know is straight, does that mean you are straight?

not necessarily.
You can't control your sexuality, and neither can your environment. Surrounding yourself with homosexuals (or indeed with heterosexuals) will not change who you are attracted to. You might even be attracted to both genders.

Same sex relationships have exactly the same joys and troubles as normal relationships, except they're between two people of the same sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending